Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MtxUtlis 8 and Adobe Premiere 6.0.5 - No Presets and sequenc

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joerg_Kluever
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:15 am    Post subject: MtxUtlis 8 and Adobe Premiere 6.0.5 - No Presets and sequenc Reply with quote

It is like groundhog day:

Year after year, there come e new set of drivers... and every time it is the same Smile

For 4 years I am working with MX02 Mini an various Premiere version. Becaus of man problem with my old Driver (7.6) I decidec to update my system with the new MtxUtils 8.0.0.15342

Because it says it is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit and Premiere 6.0.5

I really followed EVERY step of all deinstallation routines... removed files manually... and now, I have a cleans installation (where X.info is happy with everything) and I started premiere with Alt and shift keys... but even after the third time of installation and re-installation I CAN'T GET PREMIERE TO work with MX02 mini.

While the installation (in WYSIWYG Pluglin) I do NOT get asked, where the path for Premeiere is... it seemes. that premiere is not ibnstalled... but is is... in the correct path:

c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6

Right beside Adobe After Effects CS6

WYSIWYG Plugin finds After Effects... but not Premiere..

Why is this so difficult... and Why does that happen EVERY Time I install a new driver? And every time there is a solution... but what Do I do this year? Smile

Please, dear Support team... help me !!!!
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please note Premiere will not appear in the list of WYSIWYG applications. This is only for 3rd-party applications such as After Effects, Photoshop etc. Premiere plugins get installed with Mtx.utils software.

Did you install Adobe CS6 on default path of C:\Program Files\... etc?
Can you confirm if Matrox X-info (green M icon on taskbar) displays System and Hardware information of the MXO2?

In Device Manager, are all Matrox devices listed without any errors or unknown devices?

If so, then everything seems to be installed correctly and working fine.

Also, when installing the MXO2 drivers, did you make sure to follow the steps below:
- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC)
- re-enable UAC option if needed

If you still encounter problems after above suggestions, please try:
- uninstalling current Matrox software
- uninstall previous and current Adobe versions, ie some users have used Adobe cleaner tool to thoroughly remove the entire software, even after a reboot of the system: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
- install Adobe CS6 + updates (ie Premiere 6.0.5)
- install Matrox latest 8.0 software following install steps from above
Joerg_Kluever
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried again with deinstallation of Premiere and After Effects with the adobe cleaner tool. This it time it worked.

Can you explain, why this is so difficult? For every new driver I need to install/reinstall almost my whole computer.

This time with all the problems involved, I lost a complete Day of work.

Isn't it simply to install the correct sequences in the correct path? I don't understand it.

Nevertheless, it seems, that the new driver runs much better with Premiere Pro CS6 then the old 7.x driver. So thanx for that.... but the very difficult installation buggers me...
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the resintallation went well and it worked. If there were any point multiple versions of Adobe software with matrox drivers, this might be a conflict. Sometimes Adobe retains some plugins and with newer versions of Matrox it might cause install issue.

Thanks for the update and we will keep this information. We will lock this post if this issue is resolved.
Joerg_Kluever
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it seems, it is not completely solved. Since a few days, I face the problem, that there is no signal on my external TV (which is connected via HDMI cable). Also in the settings the "Matrox Player" disappeared please take a look at the 2 pictures. Hardware is present... sequences are working. But no signal on the external TV... and no "Matrox Player". By the way, the playing of my sequences is very slow.

Sorry for the Premiere Settings in german....

Joerg_Kluever
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does no answer mean, no idea?

Or does ist mean, you hadn't had time to answer?
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please confirm the following:

- Premier Pro is updated to version 6.0.5?
- In Premier Pro > Preferences > Playback > Matrox Player is present?
- If not try uninstalling and reinstalling the MXO2 driver.
- For playback issue, right click on Program Window and make sure Playback and Paused Resolutions are set to Full.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: