Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXo2 max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: MXo2 max Reply with quote

I`m trying to download the latest driver for the Mxo2 Max but the I get
the following This page can't be displayed.
I have logged in correctly and cannot understand why this is happening. any thoughts on how I can download the latest Software version 8.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Matrox utils. 8.0 has been sent to you via WeTransfer. Let us know if works.
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sending the Updated driver to me. I now have a problem whereby I cannot see the Output on the External Monitor and I cannot hear sound.
With the previous version I had the Option of Choosing Matrox Avi but now there is no Matrox Player in the Adobe Premiere Pro 6
Please help.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please provide the following:

- OS you are running?
- Premier Pro is version 6.0.5?
- Did this work previously? If so, what was the reason of upgrading to the 8.0 driver?
- In Premier Pro > Preferences > Playback > Matrox shows up as Video and Audio device?

Also, try uninstalling then reinstalling driver following the procedure below.

PC - Matrox driver uninstall/reinstall procedure

- Uninstall current MXO2 drivers.
- After downloaded, right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click the 'UNBLOCK' command button (if seen)
- Verify that the Windows 7 UAC option is turned OFF (set to Never Notify) How-to link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run the Matrox Mtx.utils installer
- Shut down the system
- Power cycle the MXO2
- Power the PC
- Check the x.info application and verify that the hardware information is visible (right-click the 'M' icon in the system tray, click on 'Open X.Info'. Then select 'Hardware' from the drop-down menu).
- If all is ok in the previous step, then you can re-enable the Windows 7 UAC option to your desired level
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS is windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Premier Pro 6 is version 6.0.5
Yes this did work previously but AVCHD video was choppy and sound was intermittent.
In Premiere Pro>Preferences>Playback> Matrox showed up as Video and Audio device.

Now I followed your instructions and now I still have the same problem I cannot see the Output on an External Monitor and I have no sound.
In Premiere Pro >Preferences>playback> Matrox does not show up as Video and Audio Device.
Please help.
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if you could have replied promptly. I`ve had to endure hours of trying to get the new driver to work. What a shame Matrox. I`ve had to restore my previous driver.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It would be nice if you could have replied promptly.

We try to reply to the forum posts ASAP. Also please note we are based in Montreal, Canada and our working hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm EST.

From some reason Premier Pro does not see Matrox plugins. Matrox is not listed as Video and Audio device in Preferences > Playback and that is the reason for video and audio output issue.

Do you have any of the previous versions of Adobe (CS 4, CS 5.5) still running on the system?
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be in Montreal so you are 5 Hours behind us here in Ireland.
It was morning time in Canada and you had all day to reply.
I`ve been a matrox user for some time and it has taken ages for Matrox to update the driver for the MXo2. I was waiting for the new driver as I was experiencing Choppy playback with Picture and Sound. It was three O`clock in the Morning when I got to bed after discovering that I had a Trial version of Premiere Pro CC 2014 on my Computer. I reinstalled the New Driver after
uninstalling Premiere Pro CC. This time the New Driver installed but unfortunately the Choppy Playback persists. Can you tell me what Audio Settings should be set in Premiere Pro 6 to Accomodate the new Driver.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having two Adobe applications could cause an issue with Matrox plug-ins not being detected anymore, as they got installed in one application only. Un-installing one of Adobe CS will not necessarily fix the problem. After fully uninstalling the Matrox driver and Adobe software you might need to run the "Adobe Cleaner" utility.

Here is the procedure for cleaning up all versions of Adobe Creative Suite and re-installing only the one required version on PC:

Important: Before running any procedure on your system, it is recommended to backup all important data. This procedure will only affect the main Windows 7 boot drive. Therefore, if your projects and media are located on another hard drive, then they should not be affected.

1. Uninstall the current Matrox driver by running the uninstaller application found in: Start > All Programs > Matrox Mtx.utils > Uninstall Matrox Mtx.utils
2. Uninstall all versions of Adobe Creative Suite (CC 2014/CC/CS6/CS5.5/CS5/CS4/CS3) through Control Panel > Programs and Features.
3. Download the Adobe cleanup tool here: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html (pc version)
4. Run the adobe cleaner tool until it reports that there are no more traces of Adobe CS software installed on your system.
5. Restart PC and run the cleaner tool again.
6. Go to c:files and remove any remaining Adobe CS folders (Do not remove any folders that belong to Adobe applications that you want to keep). Restart system.
7. If you wish to use Adobe Encore (CS6), then install it first. It will also install Adobe Premiere CS6. Once both applications are installed, run the Adobe CS6 Uninstaller application and remove only Premiere. See this link for more info: http://blogs.adobe.com/davtechtable/2013/06/installing-premiere-cc-encore-cs6.html
8. Re-install only the version of Adobe CS that you need to use. Be sure to install it in the DEFAULT path.
9. Update CS fully by loading Adobe Bridge and running the 'Updates' option located under the 'Help' menu.
10. Run a Windows Update and verify that all Essential Updates are applied. Restart system and run Windows Update again (as more updates can be found). Keep scanning for new updates until no more Essential Updates are found.
11. Update your graphics, audio, and mainboard chipset drivers by downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturer website(s).
12. Verify that the windows UAC setting is disabled or set to 'never notify'. To do so, please see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
13. Download the appropriate Matrox driver for your newly installed version of Adobe Creative Suite.

Also make sure both Source and Program windows in Premiere have the Playback Resolution and Paused Resolution set to FULL. Right click the Program/ Source window and select Playback Resolution and Paused Resolution > FULL.

In terms of audio settings in Premier Pro make sure Built - in Output is set as Audio hardware. Go to Premier Pro > Preferences > Adobe Desktop Audio > Built - in Output.
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vlad,
Thanks for your Helpful reply. I have run into a problem as I cannot update Premiere Pro CS 6 to update 6.0.5 as the Update server is not responding.
what can I do about this
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uninstall MXO2 driver then run Adobe Bridge, click on Help >Updates and apply all updates. See if works.
pvp@iol.ie
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vlad,
Doesn't work. Update server is not responding
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point is better to contact Adobe, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: