Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What happened to Vetura Playback App?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffedit
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: What happened to Vetura Playback App? Reply with quote

I needed to install the MXO2 to a mac recently and since it's running Mavericks I chose 4_2_0. I wanted to use the Vetura Playback App to play out some quicktimes through the MXO2 but I see that it is not installed anymore. Vetura Recorder is installed though. I even looked in the install pkg to see if it is in there, but it's not. What happened to this app? No mention in documentation or that I could find by searching on the forum. I was hoping to use it instead of opening Premiere Pro to do simple output. Is there another simple MacOS app that will work with the MXO2 to play media without needing to use FCPX or PPro?
Thanks,
JK
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

With the introduction of our Media Core IO drivers (4.0), the design was targeted strictly towards playback from supported applications (Premiere, Avid, FCP X). No Vetura Capture or Vetura Playback apps were re-designed initially. Later on, we found it useful to write a new Vetura Capture app to support capture for FCP X users (since capture cannot be implemented directly in FCP X as it can with Avid or Premiere). Vetura Capture will not be re-written, therefore, a supported application must be used for playback function with drivers 4.0 and above.

However, the good news is that we have a driver (beta) that works with Mavericks and is Quicktime-based; thereby including both Vetura Capture and Playback. I will send you the link by private message. The driver support level is the same as 2.6.1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: