Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02-Mini using FMLE on a mac mini running Yosemite 10.10.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bethel Video
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: MX02-Mini using FMLE on a mac mini running Yosemite 10.10.2 Reply with quote

Are there any plans to make create a patch for the MX02-Mini software on a Mac-mini running Yosemite 10.10.2 to enable the video feeds to work for live streaming? I am able to run on a PC with no problems and from what I have read, it is a Yosemite quicktime problem. I like using the Matrox but I need a way to stream where I can control the bitrate. I have been using Wirecast 6, but it does not have any bitrate or audio controls that are easily changed on the fly.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

If you are running Yosemite with Wirecast 6, then we can provide you with a special driver build. Please see your private messages for details.
Bethel Video
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wirecast 6 works ok but I am having some audio issue with it. During a musical number the audio is clipping out. It sounds pretty good on just normal talking, but when some music plays it starts clipping. When I was using a PC and FMLE I never had that problem. That is why I was wandering about s new patch for FMLE, because I would really like to start using it again and get away from Wirecast. FMLE just gives me greater control and settings than what I can find in Wirecast. Does this special build address the audio clipping situation as well as the video issue of not seeing the card?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The special build should provide stable streaming from the MXO2 inputs using Wirecast 6. We are not aware of any audio issues so, if these persist with this driver, please let us know so we can investigate.

For AFMLE, you will need to setup another partition on your hard drive with a supported OS and driver. There will be no Quicktime support for MXO2 running under Yosemite: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=13878

So you can install Lion 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion 10.8.5 with MXO2 driver 2.6.1.0001 to use AFMLE.

Here is a tutorial on how to create an extra boot partition on your hard drive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bea0iNuP5yE
Bethel Video
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that already. If the Mac comes with Yosemite pre-installed (like mine has), it will not let you set up a bootable partition for any OS earlier than 10.10.1. The new drivers in the pre-installed version are incompatible with anything earlier and will not let the computer boot. Found that thread after spending about 3 hours trying to get the computer doing that. Why did Matrox drop the quicktime support?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driver support levels are decided by our product management team along with developers after considering many factors. The last official MXO2 Quicktime-based driver (2.6.1) was supported by Lion or Mountain Lion. As of Mavericks, our MXO2 drivers have been focused on supporting the latest versions of Adobe, Avid and FCP X versions, which are based on AV Foundation, not Quicktime.

With Mavericks, we have a beta driver that will work with AFMLE. Can you verify with Apple if you can at least install Mavericks on your MAC?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: