Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 LE Max to be used as a webcam for mac

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassb001
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: MXO2 LE Max to be used as a webcam for mac Reply with quote

I am desperately trying to use the MXO2 LE as a webcam. I need to connect it to a Mac laptop and be able to feed it with a video signal and use this signal as a webcam for Skype. I have read repeatedly that there exists a USB webcam Emulator - but is this available only for Windows? Any Mac alternative?

I am desperate for an urgent reply as I have a looming assignment that needs to be tackled urgently.

Many thanks
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning.

The webcam emulator option is only available on PC. Skype is not supported on MAC. You will need to setup your MXO2 on a PC if you absolutely need to use a camera connected to the MXO2 inputs. If a PC is not available, then you will need to use an alternate video source (such as a webcam) for use with Skype.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: