Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capturing Samsung NX30 Mirrorless camera w/ ASUS Sabertooth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mslinn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Capturing Samsung NX30 Mirrorless camera w/ ASUS Sabertooth Reply with quote

I have a Samsung NX30 mirrorless camera (outputs HDMI 1.4a, 1080p @30fps) and a custom computer built from an ASUS Sabertooth X79 motherboard. I want to capture directly into Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014. Is the Mojito MAX compatible with this setup? If not, what product do you recommend?
mslinn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I neglected to say the machine runs Windows 7 64 bit
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

According to the User Guide, pg. 306, HDMI capture is supported for 1080p29.97 which I believe your camera is supposed to output according to Samsung specs. See Matrox manual here - http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/windows/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Installation_and_User_Guide_7_7_1.pdf

Please note that the Mojito Max is going to functionally about the SAME as an MXO2 unit, the main difference being that the Mojito is internal versus MXO2 being external (breakout box style).

Therefore, where HDMI capture is concerned, the MXO2 Mini and Mini Max units will work the same as the Mojito.

I answered your similar posting on another forum, and really it comes down to whether there may be something funky with the HDMI output format of that particular camera, given the failings of other solutions you have tried capturing with.

We do have an MXO2 Mini Max loaner unit if you want to try it out prior to purchase, just contact us for more info.

Thank you

Jeff Pulera
www.sharbor.com
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the Mojito user guide - http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/windows/mojito_max/doc/en_Matrox_Mojito_MAX_Installation_and_User_Guide_7_7_1.pdf

Supported capture formats information mirrors the MXO2 guide, page 254 in this version

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam