Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox Mojito Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
m.dremo
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Matrox Mojito Max Reply with quote

Hello, I bought a Matrox Mojito MAX. I have a Sony PMW EX1R camera. I use your card to convert H264 to Matrox. I have TI 780 Asus card, Main Z97 motherboard deluxe, 32 gb of RAM, Intel 4790K. Please provide how long this card should take to convert 10 minutes of HD footage PMW EX1R camera. For me, it takes approx. 8 minutes. And you state, it should take 5 times faster. What is wrong. Regards. stufil@orange.pl
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Matrox Mojito Max Reply with quote

Hi,

Your question is unclear, what are you trying to do?

"I use your card to convert H264 to Matrox"

The MAX function can be used to provide accelerated output FROM the Premiere timeline TO a Matrox MP4 format using Adobe Media Encoder.

When Matrox says "up to 5x faster" that depends on the speed of your computer. If you have an older laptop for example, it can definitely be 5x faster.

As Premiere uses your GPU to speed up exports and you have a fast computer and a fast GPU, you will not see as much benefit from MAX encoding as someone with an older or slower computer would.

I use CS6 on the PC and since there is an issue in Premiere that messes up dissolves/opacity when GPU acceleration is used, I changed Premiere to "Software Only mode" and when I tried to export a 3 minute clip to H.264, it wanted to take about 20 minutes! I then tried again using a Matrox MP4 export preset and it took just a few minutes. So it was much much faster with Matrox in that case.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam