Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 and Premiere CS6
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vladymyr
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: MXO2 and Premiere CS6 Reply with quote

Just updated from CS5.5 to CS 6 about month ago. Also upgraded CPU from i7 920 to i7 4930K. Matrox drivers 7.6.0.1993, PPRO CS6 v 6.0.5.

Do not understand why the playback of timeline is a lot worth? I try Matrox sequence, I try AVCHD sequence. Applying just sample Matrox CC effect makes timeline just completely unplayable. .MTS files from Panasonic HMC150. It was working a 10 times better on older processor and CS5.5. Any idea or suggestions? What I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vladymyr,

Just to let you know, I use the Matrox MXO2 on a CS6 install, and everything works fantastic. It is very likely that your problems will have a fairly simple solution and then things will work correctly for you.

I'll leave it to the support guys to work through this with you. It could come down to something like making sure you have a clean uninstall of the old software before you applied the new version.

Also, you shouldn't be getting the option to select Matrox sequences in CS6. It all changed with that version, and everything works seamlessly now.

Anyway, the technical support guys will be able to help. Don't give up even if you feel terrible about it right now.

Andrew
Vladymyr
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it's not Matrox timeline any more, it's now Matrox codec 1080i @ 60 timeline. But any way, after applying just Matrox Color Correction on 4th generation 6 core i7 processor it should work better then on 1st generation. It is clean install of Windows, Adobe CS6 and Matrox. I can't figure out wat is wrong.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you install Adobe CS6 on default path of C:\Program Files\... etc?
Can you confirm if Matrox X-info (green M icon on taskbar) displays System and Hardware information of the MXO2?

In Device Manager, are all Matrox devices listed without any errors or unknown devices?

If so, then everything seems to be installed correctly and working fine.

Also, when installing the MXO2 drivers, did you make sure to follow the steps below:
- uninstall the current MXO2 drivers
- download and right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC)
- re-enable UAC option if needed

If you still encounter problems after above suggestions, please try:
- uninstalling current Matrox software
- uninstall previous and current Adobe versions, ie some users have used Adobe cleaner tool to thoroughly remove the entire software, even after a reboot of the system: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
- install Adobe CS6 + updates (ie Premiere 6.0.5)
- install Matrox latest 7.6.1 software following install steps from above
Vladymyr
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, will try to use your suggestion tomorrow. I did not do everything like you recommend. Will let you know the result.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vladymyr, let us know your results whenever possible.
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few tips to try:

1) Copy entire contents of SD card to your hard drive. No conversion software, just copy ALL folders over directly.

2) In Premiere, use Media Browser for import and not "File > Import"

3) To create a New Sequence, drag a clip from Bin onto "New Item" button which is next to the Trash Can, or right-click clip and "New Sequence from Clip"

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great tips Jeff.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, Jeff is even more awesome than I am. True!

Razz

Andrew
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are both very helpful. Many thanks!
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww. Shucks!

LOL.

Andrew
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us know your results whenever possible.
Vladymyr
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I did everything as Matrox_Support_Sam suggested. Never had it working correct. Still, if I apply just a simple Matrox CC to any clip AVCHD .MTS files, the video becomes just unplayable. Any Idea on what else could cause this. For exemple, I have 3 video layer from 3 camera and I apply Matrox CC on all 3 of them, the video plays back like 1 frame in 1 second. It is really annoying, as I can not have a real time playback.

If I apply Matrox CC to the clip, it actually plays back worth then I apply Red Giant plug-in to the clip (as it is third party plug-in).

Sorry for a long time not getting back to this topic, just did not have time to investigate all this problems. Just ask me the question you need to know to solve my problem, and I will answer all of them.

Thanks.
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What display card are you using in the new build? A common issue with CS6 is that the list of "supported" cards is very limited, and therefore CS6 will run the Mercury Playback Engine in "Software mode" and not "GPU Hardware" and you don't get the huge benefits of the Nvidia hardware (if you have an Nvidia card installed, such as a GeForce model).

From memory, I think you look under the Project menu in Premiere to see the mode, I could be wrong. But to get usage of an installed Nvidia card, just DELETE the file "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file which is found in (from memory again) C: Program Files/Adobe/Premiere or similar, you will find it easy enough.

By deleting that list of cards, Premiere then simply checks the card and if it has enough memory (1GB) and a few other attributes, it will start using it and that makes a big difference in realtime playback capabilities.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Vladymyr
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, My video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 2GB. I always did unlocking my video card as it say on this site http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5-2.htm
I will try your suggestion. Will se what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: