Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Max Technology - just h.264 cutting, ouput to same format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ontae
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Max Technology - just h.264 cutting, ouput to same format Reply with quote

Hi Forum Members,

im am wondering, if the max technology (faster than relatime h.264 encoding) is a benefit, when only cutting some footage.

What i ask myself is "If i just cut a h.264 (AVCHD) footage (no effects, corrections, ...) does the output to the same format get encoded? If yes, max technology would be a benefit with regard to time savings.

Or does the footage file only get cut / modified on file level without encoding?

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.

Ontae
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ontae,

The Max half of the MXO2 line begins when you are exporting your finished project to a compatible format. Bluray or YouTube for example. Not at the 'cutting' stage.

Regards

Vic
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ontae,

I think what you're asking about is commonly referred to as a "Smart Render" feature that some NLEs offer, meaning that when exporting it will not re-encode the parts of a clip that don't have effects/changes.

Premiere does that to a small degree on certain formats, but for H.264, I would say that even if the clip were completely untouched in the timeline, it will still get completely re-rendered, so MAX is always going to be working for you.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam