Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live Streaming with Abobe FML Encoder, any use for MAX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommi Gustafsson
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Live Streaming with Abobe FML Encoder, any use for MAX? Reply with quote

Do I have any use for a MXO2 Mini MAX, or is it fine to use the plain MXO2 Mini to live stream low quality picture? I plan to downscale the HD/SD picture from an HDMI HD camera and live stream it with 480x270 resolution with Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, so that it can be consumed with low-bandwidth connections. I plan to use a laptop with an Intel Core i3-3110M processor and 12 GB RAM, using an Express Card connector.

Thanks for any advice!
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Live Streaming with Abobe FML Encoder, any use for MAX? Reply with quote

MAX does not play a role in streaming, standard MXO2 Mini will work the same.

TIP: When setting up FMLE, you can tell the MXO2 to do the scaling of the input signal down to the stream size, then the computer only needs to encode the video and not do any scaling, MXO2 hardware does that work.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Tommi Gustafsson
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tommi,

The Max chip is only activated when you have your edited project exported to a H.264 file - bluray or YouTube for example.

As autumn mentioned, the Max chip is not used during streaming. (thx autumn)

Regards

Vic
Tech support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam