Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thunderbolt Adapter

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Thunderbolt Adapter Reply with quote

Hello,

1. Will the Matrox MXO 2 LE MAX work with the Sonnet Echo Thunderbolt Adapter?

2. I want to use the Matrox MXO 2 LE MAX for Streaming - will the Conversion to h264 made in the box or will the software like Quicktime Broadcaster do that?

Thank you Chris
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

The only Matrox product listed as compatible on Sonnet support page is Matrox Mojito card. For more info on compatibility with different models please contact Sonnet.

http://www.sonnettech.com/support/charts/thunderbolt/index.html#pciebusextender

The Matrox Thunderbolt adapter lets you connect to all the new Macs - 13", 15", and 17" MacBook Pros, Mac Minis, iMacs, and MacBook Airs.
For more detailed info please visit our website or any authorized dealer in your area.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mxo2/edit/

Please note, the streaming application QuickTime Broadcaster v1.5.3 is supported with the MXO2 driver version 2.6.1.0001, compatible with OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and Lion 10.7.5. In any of supported streaming applications Matrox provides video and audio input only.
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: MXO 2 LE MAX Reply with quote

Thank you for your fast response.

Now a general problem.

The signal that comes out of my Matrox seems to have a problem as there is a green blinking bar starting in the middle of the picture and going down to the button.

What could be the problem?

Thank you Chris
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - let me explain the problem with more details:

1 - when I check the video signal with vetura playback it looks good!
2 - when I open the signal with final cut 7 I see the picture squeezed to the upper half of the frame - the lower part of the frame is a blinking color bar
3 - when I open the signal with other software like livestream or quicktime broadcaster the image is squezed and shown 2 times above eachother...

? Thank you Chris
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

If you get correct video output playing back video file in Vetura Playback application that tells me that nothing's wrong with the MXO2 output.

However, playing back file in FCP 7.0.3 requires some settings to be set before. To output video via the MXO2 you have to use one of the predefined MXO2 presets. For more detailed information on Working with Apple Final Cut Pro please refer to User Guide Chapter 9, page 84-93.

http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/mac/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Installation_and_User_Guide_2_6_1.pdf

Also, before you start using streaming applications you need to configure the A/V input section of the Matrox preferences. Set appropriate input according to the physical connection to device you are feeding from as the source for both Video and Audio.

To make sure the MXO2 input is working fine, load Vetura Capture application, open the preferences and match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc). Make sure that ?scale input for capture? option is not selected.

For more detailed information on Using Matrox Vetura Capture please refer to MXO2 User Guide chapter 11 pages 120 - 126

http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/mac/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Installation_and_User_Guide_2_6_1.pdf
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your fast reply!

I changed the settings in Vetura to the correct Input settings - now I have the same problem as in all the other applications! The videoimage is shown twice - it?s squeezed and shown apove eachother!

I tested all different settings - but nothing worked!!!

All the settings in the AV IN section are correct!

For me there are 2 possibilities:

a) the box doesn?t work (I have it since some years but never used it)
b) maybe I do have some firmware or software problems

I am using OSX 10.6.8 on my MacBook pro - what is the recomended software I should use from your download section?

If the right software is installed the firmware update will work automatically?!

Thank you Chris
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The double image in Vetura Capture window looks like a resolution or frame rate mismatch, the resolution of the video that source device is outputting does not match the video format selected as video input in Vetura Capture application.

Before you start capturing you need to configure the A/V input section of the Matrox preferences. Set appropriate input according to the physical connection to device you are capturing from as the source for both Video and Audio. Then make sure that ?scale input for capture? option is not selected. Load Vetura, open the preferences and match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc).

If you running the OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 then you should have the MXO2 driver version 2.5.0.0034 installed.
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That?s exactly what I did!!!

I matched all the settings to the output of my Sony EX 1 Video Camera (which is set to 1080 25 p)! I also did not enable scaling!

But I always have the problem with the double image!!! Crying or Very sad

Quote:
If you running the OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 then you should have the MXO2 driver version 2.5.0.0034 installed.

When I go to your downloadsectio to download MXO2 driver version 2.5.0.0034 it says its for (10.7.3) not for (10.6.Cool!

Here the text:

Quote:
Installs the Matrox MXO2 LE with MAX v2.5 (build 34) software for Mac OS X Lion only (10.7.3).

Thank you Chris
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

The camera is connected via what connection, HDMI, Component, SDI etc.?

Also, driver version 2.5.0.0034 is compatible with OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8.
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Vlad wrote:
Hi Chris,

The camera is connected via what connection, HDMI, Component, SDI etc.?

I tested both - HDMI & SDI!

I really don?t know what else I could try!
motionmanager
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have telefonesupport in Europe? I need the MXO urgently!

Thank you Chris
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me your phone number at mxosupport@matrox.com and I call you back.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tech support case has been opened against this post.

The MXO2 was detecting video input as a PsF (Progressive segmented Frame) format. By selecting the 1080 PsF as a video input format we got correct video pass-through in Vetura Capture.

We will lock this case but please start a new post for any new issues you encounter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: