Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Avid Errors, MXO2 related?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelmick
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: 2 Avid Errors, MXO2 related? Reply with quote

This has also been posted to the Avid Forums.

I've recently setup a new MC system, specs at the end of the post. I'm getting two errors all the time with this setup, but they don't happen at the exact same time, and they are randomly happening. Normally I would post these as separate posts, but I feel they might be related.

1st error is: CORE_AUDIO_STREAM_ID_ERROR
2nd error is: This application cannot user your attached hardware because it is in use by another application.

I have 2 devices attached to my system. MXO2 Mini via a thunderbolt adapter and a Lacie thunderbold drive. When I initially installed MC, it gave me an error that there was no core audio device so MC couldn't start. After reading that the new Mac Pro doesn't have a core audio device, I setup the MXO2 Mini and the problem was solved. So I have to assume, when it's giving me a core audio error, it's taking about the MXO2 Mini since the system doesn't have a core audio device as I found out. The second error causes my preview monitor to go black and after a full restart of the entire machine the hardware button on the timeline has the international no symbol over it, telling me it's off. So again, I'm assuming the second error also has to do with the MXO2 Mini.

I can't imagine what else would be using the hardware as this machine is setup strictly as an edit machine with very little software installed. I also read a sticky post about setting the system output to internal so that it's not using the MXO2. I've made that change and it didn't help (http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=5807)

Specs: 2013 Mac Pro (trashcan) - Mavericks 10.9.2, 3.7GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5, 16GB Ram Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 - Thunderbolt converted -> MXO2 Mini (updated with the latest firmware) - Lacie Thunderbolt drive for media storage
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you getting any of these issues without the MXO2 driver installed? It's important that the system and Avid MC be 100% stable before adding in any 3rd party I/O cards such as the MXO2.

Which MXO2 software version is installed on your system? You should be running 4.1.0.0019.

Are you running an Avid certified system?

Some suggestions:

- perform a 'repair disk permissions' on your system boot drive

- clear Avid MC preferences using the Preference Manager utility: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

- In your MAC audio preferences, verify that your audio input and audio output settings are NOT set to Matrox

If these suggestions do not resolve the issues, you may need to uninstall the MXO2 driver and then uninstall/reinstall Avid MC.

Hope these suggestions help. If needed, we can follow up with a remote session next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: