Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mavericks and Vetura Capture

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kmg23
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Mavericks and Vetura Capture Reply with quote

I've finally downloaded the software to use my MXO2 LE on Mavericks. But it doesn't work. To start a new capture I have to quit the software and then re-open it. And no matter what settings I try, I can get no video to be viewable or to record (I am trying to get footage off old archive VHS tapes, using the S-video output from an S-VHS player). It was working fine the other day on my older machine (10.7.x), but the thunderbird port on that has just fallen over. I have no idea what I am doing wrong in terms of the settings here, or if the software simply doesn't work. Help would be nice.

Kevin
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin,

First, make sure your hardware is detected, go to Mac System Preferences > Matrox > Info > and make the serial number and rest of the info is displayed.

Before you start capturing you need to configure the A/V input section of the Matrox preferences. Set appropriate input according to the physical connection to device you are capturing from as the source for both Video and Audio. Then make sure that "scale input for capture" option is not selected. Load Vetura, open the preferences and match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc).

I hope this helps
kmg23
(MXO2 LE)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of which I have done, many times. The preferences info sees the mxo2, I've set the av input to s-video and rya, the video output to 'Follow application', audio output with mapping enabled and I've tried just about every sweating on the WYSIWYG pane. I've open a capture session with any number of combinations of res and codec, but nothing works - at best I get pink vertical lines in the monitor panel, normally just black nothingness.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Client has been contacted via phone by Tech. Support and issue has been solved by enabling Capture Unstable Video feature in Mac System Preferences > Matrox MXO2 > A/V Input > Capture Unstable Video.

We will lock this case but please feel free to start a new post for any new issues you may find.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: