Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox, maverick and FCP7
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anneezero
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
this is really a shame to read this. Users here have been waiting for a driver release for MXO2 on Mavericks and Matrox support said it was work in progress. Now that Yosemite is out and nothing was done for Mavericks, after almost a year, Matrox is saying nothing will be done for Yosemite as well and even Mavericks. I'm really angry and I'm sure other users too.
I own a production and postproduction company in France and many editors still prefer to work on FCP 7 and now after waiting almost a year with the MXO2 in the closet, we just learn that we can throw it way if we want a computer up to date. Because as Matrox may know, many editors or postproduction users need to have other products, such as Adobe for example, on the computer so we need to update the OS.
I would really recommend postproduction workers to go to AJA or Blackmagic Design products because Matrox DOESN'T UNDERSTAND the users and customers and has no after sale service.
Remember guys that the MXO2 cost 2000$ at the time !
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We understand your frustration. At the moment, I'm not sure FCP7 is officially supported by Apple with Mavericks OSX and by viewing Apple forums, issues might arise. For more information, please see these forum threads:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6263724
https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1181837

Seeing that Apple released FCP X, they have provided a transition guide from FCP 7 to FCP X for users: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT200166
Cipher
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately i updated my system & drivers and was scratching my head for a while because capture wasn't working anymore in FCP7.

I too am kind of disappointed by this, FCP7, unlike FCP X, has the log and capture feature which allows you to keep everything in one place without the need of having to capture through different software and then importing that.

I read there are beta drivers for Mavericks, but cannot seem to find these in the driver downloads section, are these still available somewhere? I would like to try them out regardless of performance issues.

Kind Regards,
Alex

ps yes i realise i am multiple OS versions behind, but i have no choice
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please email us at mxosupport@matrox.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Final Cut Studio & QuickTime based software (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: