Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Real" Thunderbolt connector built in MXO2 Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sven2615
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: "Real" Thunderbolt connector built in MXO2 Mini Reply with quote

hi fellows,

i?m just wondering if there are any plans to built a new hardware version of the mxo2mini with a built in thunderbolt connector?

The cable/adapter mess at the moment isn?t that cool, is it?
other manufacturer of i/o boxes are one or two steps ahead for more then a year now. its time for matrox to catch up. please!

i love the mxo2 mini but i?m shortly switching to the new mac pro and i don?t want any more cables, adapter boxes, pci extender chassis then neccesary.

cheers
sven
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: "Real" Thunderbolt connector built in MXO2 Min Reply with quote

Hi Sven,

Not a Matrox employee, but can tell you that they're not going to share future plans with the public, this we know from past experience.

However, I don't think Matrox needs to catch up, rather they have a unique offering that others don't, meaning their device is compatible with Mac and PC, desktop or laptop, with PCI-e, ExpressCard, and Thunderbolt interfaces. Who else can say that? Seems pretty versatile to me. And they have the MAX H.264 encoding built in. So there's an extra cable Wink

But, NAB is just around the corner and if something new is on the horizon from Matrox, then we will all know about it then.

Regards,

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: