Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

October Adobe Update
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: October Adobe Update Reply with quote

Can we go ahead and upgrade the Adobe apps or is another driver release required? I am still on OSX 10.7.5 and things are working fine. I just wonder if the new features will be compatible, especially the link to speedgrade.

Cheers,

Mark
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

Our in house tests have passed for MXO2 4.0 driver support with Adobe CC 7.1 apps. Our online documentation should be updated soon. Please stay posted for these official updates for both Mac 4.0 and Windows 7.5.1 drivers support for Adobe CC 7.1.
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sam.

Mark
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, did the update now Premiere crashes on opening with a serious error.
Short version: crashed thread: 26 Dispatch queue com.matrox.vpg.AdobeTransmitVideo

I am on OSX 10.7.5 and Matrox tools 4.0.0.0042 firmware 36.10.

Any ideas? Sad
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I have uninstalled/reinstalled Matrox software to no avail. Opening a new premiere project is fine up until some media is actually accessed by the MXO2 to display.

After Effects appears to work as normal with correct display on monitors via MXO2.

Mark.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried redownloading the 4.0 driver?

Did you make sure all Adobe apps are properly updated?

Can you try clearing Adobe preferences using Preference Manager? http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Try uninstalling Matrox drivers, redownload 4.0 drivers, clearing preferences with Preference Manager, and then reinstalling 4.0 again.
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Just did all that: trashed prefs, uninstalled/reinstalled new downloaded s/w.

Premiere works fine under adobe player. As soon as Matrox player is enabled in prefs, serious error. Always says:

Crashed Thread: 58 Dispatch queue: com.matrox.vpg.AdobeTransmitVideo

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000018.

I can send the whole error report if it will help.

Cheers,

Mark
jimmy
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Pretty much what I'm seeing as well. Reply with quote

Supernova wrote:
Hi Sam,

Premiere works fine under adobe player. As soon as Matrox player is enabled in prefs, serious error. Always says:

Crashed Thread: 58 Dispatch queue: com.matrox.vpg.AdobeTransmitVideo
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I have also uninstalled plugins as well but that didn't help.

Is someone looking into this? I have lost two days of editing. I will have to roll back with Time Machine to before I downloaded the Adobe updates. I hope that works.

Mark
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

We are in the process of verifying this with our in house Lion system and report back our results.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

We have conducted some internal tests and things are working fine with Lion 10.7.5, Premiere CC 7.1 and MXO2 LE MAX 4.0 software drivers.

Are you able to display Bars and Tone on a Matrox HD sequence?
Does Premiere work when uninstalling Matrox software?

Can you close Premiere, and verify your System Sound Preferences for Input and Output are not set to Matrox? Set the audio device to a non-Matrox device ie Built in Line Output.

Then open Premiere and verify Audio Hardware in Premiere Preferences is not set to Matrox as well. This setting should be a non-Matrox audio, ie Built in Line Output .

Go to Preferences > Playback and make sure Audio Device is set to Matrox Player and the Video Device is checked to use Matrox Player as well.
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I have had to restore my system back to before the update to get it working again. All I can send you now is the text file of the system fault report which I saved.

I didn't try bars & tone but I can confirm that Premiere works once Matrox tools are removed.

Premiere also works if under preferences, Adobe player is chosen rather than Matrox player.

Audio hardware in Prem was definitely non Matrox, but did not check system sound prefs.

Let me know if you want me to upload the txt file of the crash.

Cheers,

Mark
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

All seems to be working well in house. We are not sure why you are getting these issues. Do you have any other 3rd-party hardware or software installed on same system?
You can send the text file to mxosupport@matrox.com however, ideally whenever possible please try the suggestions in my previous posting. We want to make sure all settings for software and hardware are correctly set.
I understand you have rolled back to previous CC version, but whenver you get the chance to update back to 7.1, please let us know your results.

If suggestions still do not work, you can also perform a fresh install of Adobe CC and Matrox drivers. The Adobe cleaner tool is used to clear out any corrupted files or inconsistency. Many users have resolved anomalies with Adobe and Matrox after running cleaner tool.

If you decide to use Cleaner tool, make sure to remove Matrox software beforehand, run adobe cleaner tool, fresh install Adobe CC+updates, and then install Matrox drivers. Here is Adobe cleaner tool link: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sending us your crash report. We will see if engineering can take a look at this.

In the meanwhile, please see below:

Would it be possible to perform a Repair Disk Permissions?
If you feel comfortable, can you try the Repair Disk Permissions feature on the MAC. This has helped some users who experienced anomalies with their MAC systems. A permissions repair can be performed using Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/DiskUtility.app) by selecting a Mac OS X startup volume and clicking the Repair Disk Permissions button in the First Aid section. For more information on RDP: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1452

Before running the Disk Permissions, uninstall Matrox software and perform this manual verification of uninstall for MXO2 drivers. Once the removal steps are done, then run disk permissions and reinstall Matrox software.

*** Manual Verification of Uninstall for MXO2 on MAC ***

After the Matrox MXO2 driver has been uninstalled using the Matrox MAX Uninstaller application, it's possible that some files are not removed. This can cause problems. Ex: When installing the Matrox MXO2 driver, you get an error message saying that the driver can't be installed because a MXO2 driver already exists. The solution is to check for any traces of Matrox files not removed from your system and remove them manually. Below is a procedure to remove all traces of the MXO2 driver off your system.

Note: This procedure applies to Matrox Mojito MAX as well.

1. In /System/Library/Extensions, delete all files that begin with: com.matrox

2. Delete the following files:
Library/PreferencePanes/com.matrox.vpg.MXO2.prefPane
Library/LaunchAgents/com.matrox.vpg.Agent.plist
Library/QuickTime/com.matrox.vpg.Clock.component
Library/QuickTime/com.matrox.vpg.VideoOutput.component
Library/QuickTime/com.matrox.vpg.VideoDigitizer.component
Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/Matrox Enabler.txt
Library/Receipts/Matrox***.pkg (where *** is the MXO2 model; eg: Rack, Mini)
Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.matrox.vpg.Matrox MXO2.plist
Users/username/Library/Applications Support/Compressor/Matrox MAX H.264 Settings (delete folder)

3. Open Mac->Applications and delete the 'Matrox MXO2 Utilities' folder (if present)

4. Load the MAC System Preferences window and delete the 'Matrox MXO2' icon (if still visible)

5. Go to your MAC Network Preferences and delete any Matrox network items

6. In Finder, press Shift+Cmd+G then type: /usr/libexec
Delete: com.matrox.vpg.Agent

7. In Finder, press Shift+Cmd+G then type: /tmp
Delete: Firmware Updater.app

8. Empty Trash.
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be quite a delay before I can look into this further as I have a very busy period and no free time. I will report back as soon as I can get a fresh hard drive and do a clean install.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: