Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Premiere problems

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtdollard
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Premiere problems Reply with quote

Hey Guys
I'm running a MXO2 LE Max firmware version 36.10 and software version 4.0.0.0042 on a brand new 27" iMac with a fresh install of Adobe CC (PPro Vr. 7.0.1(105)). I'm having issues with my Mac crashing and restarting wile I'm Working in Premiere. I also sometimes lose all audio output from the MXO2.
Thanks in advance for the help
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you close Premiere, and verify your System Sound Preferences for Input and Output are not set to Matrox? Set the audio device to a non-Matrox device ie Built in Line Output.

Then open Premiere and verify Audio Hardware in Premiere Preferences is not set to Matrox as well. This setting should be a non-Matrox audio, ie Built in Line Output .

Go to Preferences > Playback and make sure Audio Device is set to Matrox Player and the Video Device is checked to use Matrox Player as well.

Hope this helps.
ajgrattan
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am have an issue with very glitchy playback with my system (Premiere Pro CC/Max OSX 10.8.4/MacPro Quad Core Intel Xeon 2x2.66/16GB Ram/Matrox MX02 with Max Version 4.0).

I have read the other posts and followed your advice re setting, but it did not help the situation.

This issue occurs regardless if the sequence is rendered or not, after a few seconds of playback, the video and audio stutters, and Premiere shows dropped frames instantly. Upon stopping and restarting playback, again within a few seconds the same happens. This happens regardless of the playback quality ie full ? ??

Once I remove the Matrox software, premiere works perfectly? no dropped frames, smooth playback. This would also suggest that its not a drive bottleneck, or ram insufficiencies.

In the end I had to export the finished sequence from Premiere and reinstall Matrox Version 2.6.1, and use FCP 7 to print to tape? all works perfectly.

Any advice?

Thanks
Alan
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Would it be possible to send us a video of the stuttering problem?

Does this occur with all project formats and files?

Do both Premiere program window and external output exhibit same issue?

Have you tried this natively without Matrox Player selected and using a secondary monitor to play out? This would be a better comparison having an full HD output monitor as this may take more resources as opposed just having a Program window output.

Do you have any 3rd-party software or hardware installed or opened on the system?

Have you tried creating fresh new project and dragging a Bars and Tone clip? Does the playback stutter?

Are you running anti-virus applications or hibernate/screen saver modes? If so, please disable this when editing in Premiere. This can interfere with performance glitches while editing.
ajgrattan
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the reply. It will take me a few days to get you the answers to your questions as am in the middle of edit in fcp with deadline looming fast!. How will I send the video file to you?
Thanks Alan
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, you can send the video or other material to mxosupport@matrox.com to the attention of Sam.
ajgrattan
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
Just sending you the video file now (via we-transfer). In regard to your other questions:

Does this occur with all project formats and files?
YES

Do both Premiere program window and external output exhibit same issue?
YES

Have you tried this natively without Matrox Player selected and using a secondary monitor to play out? This would be a better comparison having an full HD output monitor as this may take more resources as opposed just having a Program window output.
YES, and playback is perfect using a secondary monitor playout (unchecking the Matrox Player option, and selecting Adobe Monitor 2 in the preferences - playback ... see video)

Do you have any 3rd-party software or hardware installed or opened on the system?
YES, have 3rd party software installed... plugins from Red Giant/FXFactory. I have not applied any of these effects in the sample I have sent to you.... Re Hardware, I have an Nvidia FX4800 graphics card. Nothing else.

Have you tried creating fresh new project and dragging a Bars and Tone clip? Does the playback stutter?
YES, and playback seems to be perfect regardless of the monitoring configuration. I have not played this sequence for more than 2 minutes.

Are you running anti-virus applications or hibernate/screen saver modes? If so, please disable this when editing in Premiere. This can interfere with performance glitches while editing. NO antivirus or screes saver modes installed or active.

Thanks Sam
Alan
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Thank you, we have received your video file. Would it be possible to send us a copy of the problematic project and file so we can play this here?

Have you tried viewing your CPU usage while playing back the timeline? Does the CPU peek?

Have you tried playing back with Mercury Software Engine only instead of GPU acceleration? Does this make a difference?

Have you tried Mpeg2 HD sequence? Have you tried playing back Matrox captured/exported .mov files?

What type of file format, frame size and frame rate are you playing back/editing?

Would it be possible to also send us screen grabs of your System Sound Input and Output, Premiere Audio Hardware Output settings?

Have you tried clearing Adobe preferences? You can clear the Adobe Premiere Preferences using Preference Manager: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Do you have any other version of Premiere installed on same system?

You can also try clearing Media Cache and Database in Premiere Preferences and see if this helps.
ajgrattan
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

To answer your questions:

Would it be possible to send us a copy of the problematic project and file so we can play this here?
DONT KNOW... media files spread across multiple disks.

Have you tried viewing your CPU usage while playing back the timeline? Does the CPU peek?
NO it doesnt peak at all .. I will run Premiere Pro and film the CPU usage for you.

Have you tried playing back with Mercury Software Engine only instead of GPU acceleration? Does this make a difference?
YES, i have tried both options and its seems to make no difference at all. I have also noted the System CPU usage while making this assumption.

Have you tried Mpeg2 HD sequence? Have you tried playing back Matrox captured/exported .mov files?
NO, but will try and revert with an answer

What type of file format, frame size and frame rate are you playing back/editing?
1080p 25 mixture of Canon MXF, Sony Xdcam and Canon 5d mp4s. I have transcoded all files to ProRes422 after the initial attempts to edit natively resulted in the choppy playback issue

Would it be possible to also send us screen grabs of your System Sound Input and Output, Premiere Audio Hardware Output settings?
WILL DO

Have you tried clearing Adobe preferences? You can clear the Adobe Premiere Preferences using Preference Manager: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/
I am doing this now and will revert

Do you have any other version of Premiere installed on same system?
I did have CS6 on the system. I have just deleted this and will revert if the issues resolves.

You can also try clearing Media Cache and Database in Premiere Preferences and see if this helps.
WILL DO

I will email you with the required screen grabs of the System Sound Input and Output, Premiere Audio Hardware Output settings

Many thanks Sam

Regards
Alan
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Thank you for providing the details. Please let us know your results after the suggestions listed for clearing preferences, and Media Cache.

Have you tried running Adobe cleaner tool to remove all versions of Adobe and performing a fresh install of Adobe CC+updates? Once Adobe is installed then you can install matrox software. Here is the Adobe cleaner tool: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

Are the media and projects located on local drives or network drives?

In addition, can you reproduce the issue with single clip (ie ProRes) on local drive with local project created in Mpeg2 format? We want to see the simplest form of reproducing the issue. We appreciate all your help on this.
ajgrattan
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I have trashed the preferences, and cleaned the Media Cache. I have also removed the previous version of Premiere. None of the above made any difference.

All of my media is on local drives, all connected via esata.

Over the weekend I will remove all versions of Adobe, uninstall Matrox software and reinstall as you suggest.

I will also attempt to reproduce the issue as you require.

I will revert with results as early as I can.

Thanks Sam
Alan
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan for your prompt detailed feedback. We received your screen grabs. Please let us know your results whenever possible.

If you can make a simple project to reproduce, please send that over to us. As a note, are you working with spanned footage? If so, please try a single captured file and see if this reproduces the drop frames.
ajgrattan
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Over the weekend I installed the Matrox hardware/software on my macbook pro in the attempt to recreated the issue I was having (same project/media drives...). It worked perfectly.

Back to the Mac Pro....on the Adobe forum I noticed many people were having similar issues to myself. One particular response to a post highlighted issues with the Nvidia cards not having the correct driver version installed. Over the weekend as per your suggestion I uninstalled all Adobe software, Matrox software and Nvidia software/drivers, and did a complete reinstall. Only then did I see the CUDA option in the video rendering and playback/mercury playback section in Premiere. Once this CUDA option was selected, playback is perfect.

Many thanks for your help in this issue Sam.

Kind regards
Alan
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news Alan. Yes, the GPU acceleration/CUDA is used for that reason, acceleration of playback, GPU accelerated effects, and rendering the previews and final output.

Glad to hear all is working well. Please let us know if you need further assistance in the future and we would be happy to help. This post will be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: