Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox 2 x VS4 + Wirecast
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joe okay I am willing to do the test but I need a bit of time to test it out.

However, first I would like some information regarding the 8 ISO capturing system. I you going to progress the driver, so it support all 8????

Maybe appropriate preparations to capture all for imports.

As a side note, all for imports are 1080i HD
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, we in tech support do not know future features that may be added with new software releases. The best option is to post a message on our VS4 Product Feature Enhancements: http://forum.matrox.com/vs4/viewforum.php?f=7

Please provide answers to the following 2 questions:

1. Are you looking to just capture all 8 inputs or are you looking to capture and stream all 8 inputs?

2. Can you confirm that you have installed the VS4 cards in X8 or greater PCI slots on your mainboard?

Regarding the test, it's important for us to know if you can capture without error when using the VS4 as supported with the new driver and using only the first 4 inputs. We look forward to getting the result of your test.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:
The VS4 forum access for your account has been rectified. You are now able to log in.

Matrox driver 1.1.2.2929 did not officially support 2 x VS4 cards in the same system. Therefore, its function was unsupported. Although you saw 8 inputs in the ISO recording tool, you would have got dropped frames issues as soon as tried to record with more than 4 inputs.

Matrox 1.2.0.2939 is the official release that supports 2 x VS4 cards in the same system. This does increase the total inputs to 8 (as mentioned in the advertisement page) but it does so for streaming only. For recording to disk, only the first 4 inputs are supported. This is documented on pages 16 and 17 of the documentation for this release.

Are you looking to just capture all 8 inputs or are you looking to capture and stream all 8 inputs?

Hello Joe,

The advertising is a bit misleading here because it states that you can go from 4 inputs to 8 inputs.

Another key thing to point out is with the previous version of the Matrox tools 2929, I was able to capture all 8 imports without a single drop frame for over 5 minutes in some occasions, the best occasion it was 25 minutes. However on other times I have only recorded one input and it has had a drop frame within one minute. So the possibility of recording 8 inputs is more than feasible!!

Both VS 4 cards have been placed in the appropriate PCI slot, which is PCI X8.

Please can you let me know about this as this is very worrying and concerning for me now.

I need to be able to record all 8 imports ISO.

Thank you Joe
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, we in tech support do not know future features that may be added with new software releases. So it's best to post in the VS4 Product Feature Enhancements forum: http://forum.matrox.com/vs4/viewforum.php?f=7

We understand the fact that the software currently does not meet your needs.

As mentioned, with the previous software version, using more than one VS4 was not supported. So we can't comment on capturing using all 8 video channels with that software.

We recommend working with the latest driver and testing the capture of the supported 4 inputs. We need to determine if the supported setup works fine on your system.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, we in tech support do not know future features that may be added with new software releases. So it's best to post in the VS4 Product Feature Enhancements forum: http://forum.matrox.com/vs4/viewforum.php?f=7

We understand the fact that the software currently does not meet your needs.

As mentioned, with the previous software version, using more than one VS4 was not supported. So we can't comment on capturing using all 8 video channels with that software.

We recommend working with the latest driver and testing the capture of the supported 4 inputs. We need to determine if the supported setup works fine on your system.

Hello Joe,

Unfortunately I cannot agree with this. I have spent over ?10,000 on all this equipment, following your advertising of this product, I have put a message on wirecast and your for room 3 months ago about this before purchasing.

Version 2929 of the Matrox tools supports 8 ISO recordings channels, the new version 2939 does not. It makes no sense that a channels were available in 2929 and now, not in 2939.

Please could you also check my account because I still cannot log into the VS 4 for room. I also need to know who to contact to push this further because this is unacceptable after spending all this money.

Please let me know ASAP
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a test, with the new driver, can you capture one or all 4 inputs without errors?

Can you confirm that you have installed the VS4 cards in X8 or greater PCI slots on your mainboard?

Hello Joe,

I have tried the new driver 2939.

I have recorded with 4 inputs at 1080 HD for 1 hour and 32 minutes. After that I received one drop frame. I repeated the test again at the next time I recorded for over 3 hours without a droped frame.

I can confirm that both VS 4 cards are in the PCI X8 slots on my motherboard.

Please can you also add me to the VS 4 for room, I am still unable to login.

Also I would like an update what can happen with the 8 inputs
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a test, with the new driver, can you capture one or all 4 inputs without errors?

Can you confirm that you have installed the VS4 cards in X8 or greater PCI slots on your mainboard?

Hello Craig,

I have done this now,

Please note, I accidentally clicked on the premium support checkbox.

Please keep me updated about this as I have a pressing deadline approaching.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to point out that I am not using a 6 core system to record 8 ISO inputs,

I have a dual xeon, 12 core, 24 thread system. Independent raid card SATA 3/1000 MB throughput and that is sustained over a period of one hour.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

authorleon wrote:
I would like to point out that I am not using a 6 core system to record 8 ISO inputs,

I have a dual xeon, 12 core, 24 thread system. Independent raid card SATA 3/1000 MB throughput and that is sustained over a period of one hour.

It has been suggested that I should have a 4 GB card.

Please let me know if this is a good one

4 GB EVGA GeForce GT 640 DDR3 128bit 901MHz DVI-I DVI-D mini HDMI 04G-P4-2649-KR

But before continuing. I want to get clear priority that 8 inputs are definitely going to be supported.

Thank you very much
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, with the previous software version (1.1.2.2929), using more than one VS4 was not supported. So we can't comment or recommend capturing using all 8 video channels with that software. That software version was not validated using 2 VS4 cards. With the new driver (1.2.0.2939), which supports 2 VS4 cards, we document the fact that you can capture only the first 4 inputs (see page 16 and 17 of the user guide).

Regarding graphic cards, this is what is recommended in our user guide:
    256 MB display card with 3D acceleration (NVIDIA GeForce or ATI
    Radeon class card recommended)
Therefore, your graphic card should be supported.

Please let us know if you are looking to just record 8 video inputs or if you wish to record and stream 8 video inputs. This is very important and we would appreciate an answer to this question.

Also, what is the brand/model of mainboard? Which PCI slot numbers are you using for the VS4 cards? Can you send us a screen grab of the VS4 x.info hardware information?

I will send you a private message regarding the forum log in.

Last edited by Matrox_Support_Joe on Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, with the previous software version (1.1.2.2929), using more than one VS4 was not supported. So we can't comment or recommend capturing using all 8 video channels with that software. That software version was not validated using 2 VS4 cards. With the new driver (1.2.0.2939), which supports 2 VS4 cards, we document the fact that you can capture only the first 4 inputs (see page 16 and 17 of the user guide).

Regarding graphic cards, this is what is recommended in our user guide:
    256 MB display card with 3D acceleration (NVIDIA GeForce or ATI
    Radeon class card recommended).

Therefore, your graphic card should be supported.

Please let us know if you are looking to just record 8 video inputs or if you wish to record and stream 8 video inputs. This is very important and we would appreciate an answer to this question.

Also, what is the brand/model of mainboard? Which PCI slot numbers are you using for the VS4 cards? Can you send us a screen grab of the VS4 x.info hardware information?

I will send you a private message regarding the forum log in.

Hello,

I had said before, however to make it clear.

I wish to record 8 video inputs using ISO software WHICH I have done in version 2929.

I am also recoding 1 STREAM to disk via wirecast.

Thank you
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so you are saying that you are looking to stream AND record at the same time? Correct?
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so you are saying that you are looking to stream AND record at the same time? Correct?

Yes that is correct.

8 inputs recorded to disk (through Matrox utilities ISO recording)
1 input recorded to disk via wire cast broadcast recording (record to disk)

Thank you very much
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update regarding Matrox utilities 2939:

1. I have recorded ISO 4 inputs to disk at 100 MB per input for over 8 hours without dropping one frame.

Problems.

1. Unable to view input 567 and 8, which comes from Matrox VS 4 card number 2.

2. When quitting wire cast, it does not quit correctly. I must go to task manager processes and end task on wire cast. In other words I do not get a clean exit from the software.

Please let me know about this awaiting reply from email, have sent appropriate contact details.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

authorleon wrote:
Update regarding Matrox utilities 2939:

1. I have recorded ISO 4 inputs to disk at 100 MB per input for over 8 hours without dropping one frame.

This is good news.

authorleon wrote:

Problems.

1. Unable to view input 567 and 8, which comes from Matrox VS 4 card number 2.

2. When quitting wire cast, it does not quit correctly. I must go to task manager processes and end task on wire cast. In other words I do not get a clean exit from the software.

Please let me know about this awaiting reply from email, have sent appropriate contact details.

Regarding problem 1, are you trying to stream (which is supported)? Or are you trying to stream and record (which is not supported)?

Regarding problem 2, please uninstall the Matrox driver and try to open/close Wirecast. Does it still give the same problem when trying to exit the application?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam