Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox 2 x VS4 + Wirecast
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Matrox 2 x VS4 + Wirecast Reply with quote

Hello,

We are looking to get VS4 and we want to know how well it work with 2 x VS4's in one system, 8 Camera Capture.

Please refer to this thread as I have asked wirecast:

http://forum.telestream.net/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=44&threadid=13075&enterthread=y

Sorry to put this message here however I cannot use the VS4 forum, my username and password is not registered in this VS4 Forum.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Matrox 2 x VS4 + Wirecast Reply with quote

authorleon wrote:
Hello,

We are looking to get VS4 and we want to know how well it work with 2 x VS4's in one system, 8 Camera Capture.

http://forum.telestream.net/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=44&threadid=13075&enterthread=y

Sorry to put this message here however I cannot use the VS4 forum, my username and password is not registered in this VS4 Forum.

Any update with this please.

I want to purchase 2 VS4 but I need to know that it all works well before buying.....
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Matrox 2 x VS4 + Wirecast Reply with quote

authorleon wrote:
authorleon wrote:
Hello,

Any update with this please.

I want to purchase 2 VS4 but I need to know that it all works well before buying.....

Hello, any update with this please. It would be good if Matrox can support their customers. I am still waiting about having 2 x VS4 in one system.

PLEASE MATROX, some information please!!!!
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Authorleon, to confirm what CreigS (Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator) mentioned in his reply to you on the Telestream Forum; Please note that the VS4 driver for multiple board support is still under development and is not available for download as of yet...rest assured that we will make an announcement on our forum / website once these drivers are ready for download...

Best regards,
BC
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Presales wrote:
Hi Authorleon, to confirm what CreigS (Telestream Desktop Forum Moderator) mentioned in his reply to you on the Telestream Forum; Please note that the VS4 driver for multiple board support is still under development and is not available for download as of yet...rest assured that we will make an announcement on our forum / website once these drivers are ready for download...

Best regards,
BC

Ok, this is great. Do you have a rough ETA, this month, or summer or year????

I need to know as I am building a few systems and I need to support 8 cameras. So I would need a total of 8 boards. 4 systems.

PLEASE let me know.

Thanks
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all goes well, we are expecting these drivers this Summer...Thanks for your patience in this matter...

Best regards,
BC
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Help Reply with quote

Link to Wirecast Forum Post:
http://forum.telestream.net/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=44&threadid=13075&highlight_key=y&keyword1=vs4

Link to Matro Forum Post: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=12773&highlight=vs4

Hello Wirecast (CraigS) & Matrox_Presales (I think its Sam).

I am now starting to test Wire cast 3.0 with 2 x Matrox VS4 under the Windows environment.

I am not sure if I should start a new thread but if so please let me know. Above you can see the link to the Matrox forum post that I have posted and equally the wire cast forum.

The goal of this post is to provide some feedback and clear deadlines regarding the appropriate drivers settings and so forth to be able to record all 8 inputs.

The preliminary tests that I have done so far indicate that there seems to be a problem with either wire cast or VS 4 drivers.

I have 2 systems at hand,

Each system has an independent raid card where it has 4 times. Samsung 840s 128GB SSD in RAID 0 with an Adaptec card which has BBW and 512 Cache. All of this is set up on SATA 3 and I am transferring a total of 1100MB / s (megabytes).

The video card is a GTX 680.

32 gig DDR 3, 1600 MHz Corsair memory.

One system has an i7 ? 6 core, the other has, Dual xeon, 12 cores, 24 threads.

I have done a clean installation of Windows 7 ultimate, QuickTime, and also wire cast 4.3.

Both systems recognize 8 inputs, I have 8 inputs.
However, this is where the problem starts. I am able to record all 8 inputs.

The first 5 minutes. It seems to be fine. However , after the first 5 minutes I get the red light indicating that there has been some error. I stop the recording and review the text file with the video files. It indicates that one input received a dropped frame. If I record for a longer period of time that I get several dropped frames.

I repeated the same test, but only for one input, unfortunately the same thing happened again.

I have checked and a resource monitor and monitored the hard drive write speeds, it is averaging roughly roundabout 120 MB per second. Which is really easy with the raid setup. I have.

I have tested this scenario more than 20 to 30 times now, on very few occasions I can get past 5 minutes and then eventually the red light comes on. This happens on both systems.

Please note that I am not recording from wire cast I am only doing ISO recording, however I tried the test whereby I am also recording from wire cast as well as ISO recording, and I get exactly the same results. I am not sure where the problem is if it lies with wire cast or if it is with Matrox.

I have purchased both of these systems and have a total of 4 VS4 cards. 2 of them for each system. Please can I have some feedback on what is actually going on because it has been a long time.

I would like to point out that you actually advertise that it supports 2 VS4's in one system and therefore it should record without a problem.

Just as a side note, the I7 when recording 8 ISO inputs is utilizing 60% of CPU

The Xeon is utilising when recording 8 ISO imports 32% CPU.

As a further side note, under the Matrox info icon you are able to see the hardware and the temperature of each card, unfortunately one card shows a maximum limit of 85?C whilst the other card shows a maximum limit of 65?C. I think this is something to do with the driver as these are identical cards. However what quite interesting is that if I restart the system on some occasions, both cards show a maximum limit of 85?C. As a further point I am averaging roughly 62? on each card under load. I have installed some very good air circulating fans next of the cards.

Please can you let me know ASAP as this is starting to hinder my project deadline
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello authorleon,

I will reply here but please note we do have a dedicated forum for Matrox VS4 and we encourage you to post future questions in that forum: http://forum.matrox.com/vs4/

For systems with 2 Matrox VS4 cards, you absolutely need to run the latest Matrox VS4 driver version 1.2.0.2939.

Also, note that if your system includes two VS4 cards, ISO recording is supported on the first four VS4 inputs. This is mentioned in our documentation on page 17, note 3: http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/windows/vs4/doc/en_Matrox_VS4_Installation_and_User_Guide_1_2.pdf

Therefore, please test ISO recording using only the first four inputs and let us know if you still encounter the same issue.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joe,

Yes I do agree with you that you have a dedicated VS 4 forum, unfortunately I have posted to the administrator that I am unable to access it with my username password. If this could be rectified. I would much appreciate it so I can actually post on the correct forum.

I can confirm that I have version 1.2.0.2939. I have used only the first 4 inputs and I receive the same problem. In fact I tried only one input and it still happens, however, it takes a lot longer, normally after 20 minutes or so.

I also have to stress that I have been told by you guys that you are able to record 8 inputs with to the VS 4 cards, this is the reason why have spent thousands of pounds acquiring this equipment.

Please let me know thank you very much
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joe, sorry, I have just upgraded to the latest version.

I noticed that it did a firmware update. Unfortunately I am incredibly disappointed because when I go to ISO recording now, it only shows four imports.

Could you please explain what is going on here. As I am very disturbed with the fact that it only supports four imports when it should support 8 as you guys have advertised.

Please let me know ASAP
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: ssdsadas Reply with quote

I would also like to add, but on the previous version of the software ISO supports 8 inputs simultaneously.

I do not think it is fair that Matrox can just magically change the things that they want and promise. It is unfair completely as I have bought for cards from you guys, and I have also spent over ?7000 on building the new systems to support all of this.

I urgently want some feedback, so I can move forwards with this.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are looking into rectifying your access to the VS4 forums. I will give you an update soon.

So you were not on 1.2.0.2939 earlier when you ran your ISO record tests?

Now that you've updated to 1.2.0.2939, are you still having the same issue if capturing using the first four inputs on the VS4?

If so, please verify that your system's sleep and hibernation modes are disabled.

What is the video format of the signal(s) you are feeding into the VS4 (inputs 1-4)?

Are you recording to Matrox AVI or Matrox MOV?

Is the hard drive used for recording formatted as NTFS or FAT32?

We are not aware of any advertisement where we specify that we support 8 channels of video for ISO recording. If you have seen such an advertisement, please forward us the link or document so we can look into it. You can email at vs4support@matrox.com.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expandable technology

Need more than four sources for your production? Simply add a second Matrox VS4 capture card to your system and you've increased your setup from 4 to 8 inputs.

http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/vs4/

Then why does version 1.2.0.2929 support 8 ISO recording. Are you telling me that you do not now support 8 ISO recording.

If that is the case, I have spent all this for nothing as I have 6 input to record!

This is what you guy said earlier in the POST!!! I asked you before buying:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:24 pm Post subject:

Best regards,
BC

Please check here as well. as I linked you guy to WIRECAST as well!!!!

http://forum.telestream.net/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=44&threadid=13075
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VS4 forum access for your account has been rectified. You are now able to log in.

Matrox driver 1.1.2.2929 did not officially support 2 x VS4 cards in the same system. Therefore, its function was unsupported. Although you saw 8 inputs in the ISO recording tool, you would have got dropped frames issues as soon as tried to record with more than 4 inputs.

Matrox 1.2.0.2939 is the official release that supports 2 x VS4 cards in the same system. This does increase the total inputs to 8 (as mentioned in the advertisement page) but it does so for streaming only. For recording to disk, only the first 4 inputs are supported. This is documented on pages 16 and 17 of the documentation for this release.

Are you looking to just capture all 8 inputs or are you looking to capture and stream all 8 inputs?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a test, with the new driver, can you capture one or all 4 inputs without errors?

Can you confirm that you have installed the VS4 cards in X8 or greater PCI slots on your mainboard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam