Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox MXO2 Mini Thunderbolt on PC not on Mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toptun
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Matrox MXO2 Mini Thunderbolt on PC not on Mac Reply with quote

Is it possible to work with Thunderbolt connection on PC under Windows 7 64-bit instead of OSx?
I am using GIGABYTE Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard with 2-thunderbolt ports and running Winsows7 64-bit. I am using Avid Media Composer 6.52 and Sonty Vegas 12. Can I use your thunderbolt edition of MXO2 Mini?
Do I need to download thunderbolt drivers for Windows from Matrox or it can run as plug-and-play?
I do not want to install a PCI-E card as do not have available slots anymore.

Confused
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello toptun and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. We do not presently have any support for Thunderbolt on the PC. I do not think that it will work unless we create drivers specifically for this purpose. We have not made an announcement either way whether or not we will have support for Thunderbolt on the PC.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
jbm
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Thunderbolt on a Windows machine Reply with quote

Matrox_Presales wrote:
We have not made an announcement either way whether or not we will have support for Thunderbolt on the PC.

Hi, I am another user that is also looking to use a similar setup... Thunderbolt on a Windows machine.

Thanks
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting...As was stated before; we do not have support for Thunderbolt on the PC at this point in time. I did send these comments to Managment for their evaluation...

Thanks,
BC
userNamesAreDumb
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Lame Reply with quote

Well this is quite lame. I bought this thing to use on both our MACs and our PC's. Make the driver already!
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest thing on the PC is to use the PCIe adapter card and connect to the host cable directly.

(On the Mac, the difference is essentially a Thunderbolt-to-PCIe adapter that is added in to the chain.)

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam