Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support for Dell ST2410 LCD Monitor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevengladney
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Support for Dell ST2410 LCD Monitor? Reply with quote

I just purchased a Dell ST2410 Monitor for my Matrox MXO and I can't seem to get it to work. I had been working with a Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW for the past couple of years, but decided to try an upgrade. I keep getting the following error message displayed on my screen:

"The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.
Please change your input timing to 1920 x 1080@60Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications."

Does anyone else own this monitor and/or have the same issue or know of a remedy?

I am running on a Mac Pro 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 5 GB DDR2 RAM, FCP 6, OS X 10.5.8, Matrox MXO 2.1.4.05

Any help with this situation would be appreciated.
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steven,

According to this link under the tech specs, the ST2410 has a 1920*1080 resolution whereas the MXO is designed to work with a 1920*1200 monitor.

Try going to Apple>System Preferences>Displays> and press the Gather Windows button. You should see another window called MXO appear behind the one you pressed the Gather Windows button in. Click on the MXO window and try setting the output to 1920*1080 at 60 or 59.94 instead of 1920*1200. I also suggest you use the DVI input on this monitor as we have not tested DVI to HDMI adapters and some people have previously reported they do not get an output when working with these.

Let us know if you get either the secondary desktop on this window or the output from FCP.

Regards,
Matthew
visualvideoes
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i have a Samsung XL2370, 1920x1080 monitor, i checked your solution, i changed mxo display to 1920x1080 60hz, and i have letterbox black borders up and down the image. Is there any patch to solve this problem???

Thanks

David
VisualVideo
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Unfortunately I don't think it's a software or hardware fault, it's a requirement of the MXO to be connected to a 1920*1200 monitor.

I'll move this post to the Product Feature Enhancement section of the forums in hope of support for 1920*1080 monitors getting added.

Regards,
Matthew
bajaecotours
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason i have run into different information. I was either told or saw on the web that only 1920 x 1080 on the monitor was compatible. BUt you are saying that 1920x1200 is actually compatible then on MXO2?

Thanks,
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bajaecotours

As I've noted in your other thread, the info on resolutions provided (and under discussion) here is given with respect to the original Matrox MXO device, not the newer MXO2.

Hope it helps
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: