Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox MXO2 Mini Max not recognized by MacPro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IssaET
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Matrox MXO2 Mini Max not recognized by MacPro Reply with quote

I recently got my MXO2 Mini and booted up my MacPro and started working in FCP. Everything fine. After finishing my video I shutdown FCP and then power of the MXO2. If I am not working on my MacPro I usually put it to sleep until I need it again. Hitting any key will wake the Mac, and if I want to work some more in FCP, I power on the MXO2 then launch FCP. I have noticed that after FCP launched, the MXO2 is not recognized. If I go into system preferences, the MXO2 is not recognized there as well. I have tried powering the system on and off and restarting FCP to no avail. I even tried logging off and then back on again, but this did not hep either. The only way it seems, is to reboot the MacPro with the MXO2 connected and powered on.

One should not need to do this. I would expect that as soon as the power is connected the drivers should recognize the system immediately. I have read another post http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=2468&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= where the same/similar problem was reported and in that case it was something to do with the card being intermittenly recognized in the MacPro. I will monitor my system as I continue to work with it, and update this post again if I encounter more issues or find a solution. In the meanwhile, please update this post with your own experiences.
IssaET
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My configuration is as follows:

FCP 6.06, Mac Pro w/Max OSX 10.5.8, Matrox Mini Max Firmware Driver Version 1.8.1, Matrox IO Card in Slot 3 (pci102b,8350).
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi IssaET,

We have been able to reproduce this here and I am moving your thread to the "procuct feature enhancements section" of our user forum so that this may be addressed in a future release.

Regards

Peter

Matrox Video Technical Support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: