Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why do I see interlace line twitter/flicker when set to 25p?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csound
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Why do I see interlace line twitter/flicker when set to 25p? Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Matthew wrote:
Hi csound,

We are aware that some users experience shakiness on playback but until we reproduce it here we won't be able to address this issue.

Is the shakiness only on scrub and pause or also on playback?

If you go to Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO>Mastering tab> does changing scrub and pause to 1st or 2nd field help either on scrub and pause or playback?

Can you post screen shots of all your settings under Apple>System Preferences>Matrox MXO and within FCP? Then I can apply these settings on our MXO system and output via DVI to a 1920*1200 LCD monitor and see if I get the same results.

After you take these screenshots, if you trash the FCP prefs, run easy setup, take a Matrox MXO 1080p25 setup and then make a new project and playback some footage is it any better?

Remember that when you first set up the MXO, you need to go to System Preferences>Displays> and change the resolution of the screen called Matrix MXO to 1920*1200.

Regards,
Matthew

Hi Matthew

Please access screen shots of my MXO from this URL:
http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Get.aspx?id=f0804827-33b8-46dd-84f2-41f4a2ec7e2b

My Dell screen Dell screen is always set to 1920x1200
I've tried trashing FCP presets & creating new project - did not fix.
Also tried changing fields but it had no effect.
Is most obvious with images of tiled or corrugated roofs in distance .. strait edge on details on buildings in distance etc.
This effect is visible in canvas window of FCP when image is very small
but have never previously seen problem with full size image on my second monitor until I started using MXO.

regards
Chris
Matrox_Support_Matthew
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

When I go to that link it says: MXO Prefs.zip (182 KB) File has expired on July 27 @ 07:38 AM MST. Since it's only about 180KB can you instead send it to mxosupport@matrox.com?

Regards,
Matthew
SimonMW
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We are aware that some users experience shakiness on playback but until we reproduce it here we won't be able to address this issue.

It isn't shakiness, it is line twitter from interlacing. It is because seemingly in progressive scan modes the MXO still outputs an interlaced signal with the progressive picture embedded in it (like progressive segmented frame where the progressive signal is held in an interlaced stream).

So when outputting, say, 25p via the MXO the display is still built up from two passes of the separate fields instead of displaying a true progressive signal.

I am still amazed that the Matrox guys are not seeing this!

You can set the output of the MXO to 50i or 25p, and it doesn't matter. The MXO still outputs an interlaced signal regardless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: