Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New user - seeking guidance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumc43
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: New user - seeking guidance Reply with quote

Greetings - I represent a church that broadcasts its services to a local TV station for Sunday morning viewing. I'm far from an AV expert, although I have some background in IT.

I am hoping someone on this forum can point me toward the right direction to research a path forward, given our circumstances (here):

Until a couple months ago we had older cameras in place, recording in standard definition. The feed went to a Matrox MXO2LE box (which is likely out of warranty), which in turn fed the signal to a PC via what looks like a proprietary cable. I assume the cable and the video card in the PC is proprietary and specific to Matrox. The Matrox box was already here when a very knowledgeable person (who is no longer available to us) set up the recording mechanics on the PC...

...We upgraded our cameras to record in HD but as we feared we now need to do something with the Matrox device in order to bring the HD signalling into the computer.

We have a Windows 7 OS, the PC hardware is robust but based on my limited research it looks like the Matrox hardware we have may not be compatible with the Windows 10 OS we want to upgrade to.

I guess what I am seeking is guidance to help me research our way forward.

I appreciate any links or suggestions. Thanks
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi trumc43,

With the MXO2, you do not need to update the Matrox cable or card to record in HD. You will however, need to set the settings in your capture utility or Premiere, depending on the workflow, to record in HD. The settings in the capture app, will need to match the input settings coming in from the camera. ie 720p59.94 to 720p59.94 via SDI, HDMI or Component depending on the video signal being used.

As for Windows 10, we have not officially validated this configuration with the latest Mtx.utils 8.0.0.15342 (which only supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.1). However, we have users that have been successfully running in Windows 10 with the Mtx.utils 8.0 drivers.

For further documentation or information, you can download drivers and guides when selecting Show legacy products from the downloads page below and selecting your specific product: https://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/

If you need further assistance, you can also call in to our tech support line at 1-866-270-4641.
trumc43
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thank you - I will research this. If I run into a roadblock I will reach out to your tech support on the number you provided.

Matrox_Support_Sam wrote:
Hi trumc43,

With the MXO2, you do not need to update the Matrox cable or card to record in HD. You will however, need to set the settings in your capture utility or Premiere, depending on the workflow, to record in HD. The settings in the capture app, will need to match the input settings coming in from the camera. ie 720p59.94 to 720p59.94 via SDI, HDMI or Component depending on the video signal being used.

As for Windows 10, we have not officially validated this configuration with the latest Mtx.utils 8.0.0.15342 (which only supports Windows 7 and Windows 8.1). However, we have users that have been successfully running in Windows 10 with the Mtx.utils 8.0 drivers.

For further documentation or information, you can download drivers and guides when selecting Show legacy products from the downloads page below and selecting your specific product: https://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/

If you need further assistance, you can also call in to our tech support line at 1-866-270-4641.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, we are available from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (EST).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: