Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request: Mojave Support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with FCP X and Compressor (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cipher
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject: Request: Mojave Support Reply with quote

Hey there,

I know there are currently no drivers for Mac OS Mojave, but was wondering if there is any information on whether this will be supported or whether I am better off selling my Matrox hardware?
The MXO2 mini currently just kernel panics my entire system when plugged in.

The suggestion of having a separate partition with an older operating system is also not a viable solution for me. (It would still kernel panic Mojave unless connected/re-connected all the time as well)

If no drivers are currently in the works, could I please request that they are?
I presume many people still use the MXO2 as video technology hasn't progressed much since it was released (4K is only just now starting to come to consumers) and we would really appreciate the support for a product that was considered professional hardware.

Kind Regards,
Alex
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cipher,

As announced in July of 2015, those were the last drivers being released for the MXO2 family (as well as CompressHD, Mojito MAX and Mojito 4K.). http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14381

Our current products are the ones listed here: https://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/

Since your system hangs with the hardware connected, you would need to disconnect the MXO2 host cable when using Mojave; and connect it when logging into a dedicated partition with a supported setup.

The other option is to use the MXO2 hardware on a dedicated supported system. Setting up a dedicated partition or using a dedicated system are the two most common methods being used by our existing customers that continue to use these legacy products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with FCP X and Compressor (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: