Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matrox Host Thunderbolt Adapter - Windows7 Drivers needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Telestream Wirecast (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerry_MAN
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Matrox Host Thunderbolt Adapter - Windows7 Drivers needed Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can tell me where I can download the Windows 7 drivers for this popular little Matrox Host Thunderbolt adapter that was released by Matrox back in 2011..... Some images to show what the unit looks like. I found these online. Shown below:

There was also an article that I found where it talks about its release by Matrox at IBC in 2011.

Anyhow,

I can't seem to find the product on the Matrox website or find the Windows 7 drivers for it.

I have my Asus "ROG" laptop (Republic of Gamers) that has Windows7 running on it, and it has a Thunderbolt port.

I plugged in the Matrox Thunderbolt adapter and it detected it and started to install a Driver.... it was searching online.... it seems to have issues locating a Driver. The Windows7 Automatic Driver install window was open and searching for an online driver for about 15 minutes. Finally it stopped but all it said was "MATROX BUS" installed.

I read that it is supposed to show up as "T/ADP" or similar like the MAC.

Anyhow, The unit does not detect my MX02 and I can't select the MX02 hardware within any of the Matrox Utils software or in Adobe Premiere CS6.
Nothing shows up as detected hardware.

Can someone provide me with the windows7 Thunderbolt Drivers so that I can install this adapter manually? Just so I know that it is in fact installed with the correct drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Gerry
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry,

The thunderbolt adaptor is only supported on MAC, and we do not have drivers for use with Windows platform.
Gerry_MAN
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: MATROX MX02 - Host PCIe Card for Windows PC Desktops Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

I went and did some further research and found that there is an option to use a PCIe card for Desktop PC's running Windows.

They are entitled:
Matrox MXO2 PCIe Host Adapter
MFR # PCIE/ADP

Available at the website below:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/592002-REG/Matrox_PCIE_ADP_MXO2_PCIe_Host_Adapter.html

There is also the PC Laptop Express card that can be used running Windows:

Matrox ExpressCard/34 Host Card for MXO2
MFR # EXP34/ADP

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/592001-REG/Matrox_EXP34_ADP_ExpressCard_34_Host_Card_for.html

Cheers!
-Gerry
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gerry,

You are correct. Windows platform supports PCIe cards for desktop and expresscard adaptors for laptop versions.

The MAC platform supports the above versions in addition to the thunderbolt adaptor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Telestream Wirecast (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: