Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Program, Source monitor or TV blank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Program, Source monitor or TV blank Reply with quote

Been using my CS5 machine again. I still have the tv connected for matrox output.

I can either have the source and program monitors working on my monitor without the TV output working,
-or-
I can have the tv output working with either the source or program windows working, but not all 3.

Not sure what is going on. I do not believe I have changed or installed anything.

Here are my specs again:
WIN7 Pro 64bit SP1

Nvidia Quadro 4000. Driver v 310.90 (according to Nvideo control panel)
Driver v9.18.13.1090 12/29/2012 (according to win device manager)

Matrox until 5.1.1.37

Premiere Pro 5.0.3

Direct X 11.1

Again, to try to better explain, the "overlay" can't work on both my windows on my monitor if the TV is working. If the TV is working then I have to lose one of my monitor windows and it goes blank or shows artifacts of other windows on it.

I tried both of these:
Matrox Player (choose Edit > Preferences > Player Settings), or use your display card's control panel to turn off the vertical sync. In the NVIDIA Control Panel, select Manage 3D Settings, click the Program Settings tab, select Adobe Premiere as the program to customize, and then set Vertical sync to OFF. There is no force off option on mine.

Any ideas?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried this known issue posting? http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=6873
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. My Nvidia driver (310) is newer than the 285 one listed in that link that has the issue. However my Matrox stuff is older than 6.xxx
Since I'm using CS5, not CS5.5 I'm not sure how new of drivers I can use.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, with Adobe CS5 and using newer NVIDIA graphic card drivers, you will get overlay issue.

You can try rolling back the NVIDIA card drivers to the one mentioned in the known issues post or using newer MXO2 6.1 drivers (however, this is only supported with Adobe CS5.5).
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I am going to look for the older driver and try that since I do not have access to CS5.5.

Can I just roll back the Quadro driver and leave the Matrox stuff alone or must I modify it as well with a different driver?
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason you need both Source and Program monitors while monitoring the TV output?

Can you try clearing the Premiere cache in Preferences? This can be done by holding the ALT+SHIFT keys while launching Adobe Premiere from the Start menu (not from a desktop shortcut). If done correctly, all Premiere settings return to default and cache folders are emptied.

Can you try setting the Playback Resolution and Pause Resolution to FULL in Source and Program Windows? Right-click in Source monitor and select Playback Resolution to FULL, same with Paused.
Digital Magic
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Sam.

Well. Looks like it's working fine now.

I see one problem was my SD project had the wrong sequence settings (I'm an idiot.)

My HD project that I tested briefly previously but had issues is working great today. So I guess in troubleshooting those steps it fixed it.

Guess I'll leave the drivers and everything alone! Smile
Thank you
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for updating us and glad to hear its now working!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: