Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setup unable to register 1 or more DLLs.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Setup unable to register 1 or more DLLs. Reply with quote

Been a LONG time since I've visited this board!

I've been running Adobe CS5.5 with the Matrox MXO2 Mini on this system for years without problems. Due to a recent system hard drive failure, I had to reinstall my OS (Win7 Pro 64) and all software.

Today I tried to reinstall Mtx.Utils_551.exe and encountered the error: Setup Unable to Register One or More DLLs (tried the install twice) No Matrox presets show up in Premiere Pro. Matrox hardware shows up in Device Manager with no errors and Mtx.Utils updated its self after the setup program finished.

The recommended install procedure was followed and tried a couple of times with the same error and results.

I'm currently evaluating Adobe CC and have installed Premiere Pro CC 2015 along with After Effects and some other apps. Could this be what's causing the error with setup?
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I opened the trial version of Premiere Pro CC 2015 and found the presets loaded there.

I haven't seen much to prompt me to upgrade, particularly considering the annual subscription requirement for CC, so I'll likely just delete the trial versions after playing around a little more and try the Mtx.utils install again.

Hopefully the DLL registration error will go away after CC is removed.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note having two different versions of Adobe on your system the Matrox plug-ins will install in one application only without any known path to which one in particular.

Also, uninstalling the Adobe CC trial version may not be enough to get plug-ins back in Adobe CS 5.5. If Matrox plug-ins do not get detected in Premier Pro after Adobe CC 2015 is off the system you will need to run Adobe Cleaner Tool utility remove both applications, re-install Adobe CS5.5, upgrade all the applications through Adobe Bridge (Premier Pro should be version 5.5.2) then reinstall Matrox utils version 5.1.1.37.

Procedure for cleaning up all versions of Adobe Creative Suite and re-installing only the one required version on PC's:

Important: Before running any procedure on your system, it is recommended to backup all important data. This procedure will only affect the main Windows 7 boot drive. Therefore, if your projects and media are located on another hard drive, then they should not be affected.

- Uninstall Matrox driver using Matrox Uninstaller application. Start > All Programs > Matrox Mtx.utils > Uninstall Matrox Mtx.utils
- Open device manager, go to Matrox Audio/Video devices, select Matrox Bus and uninstall.
- Go to c:\program files\ and delete Matrox MtxUtils folder (if it is still there).
- Go to c:\windows\system32 and delete all files that begin with 'mvk'.
- Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers and delete all files that begin with 'mvk'.
- Uninstall all versions of Adobe Creative Suite (CC 2014/CC/CS6/CS5.5/CS5/CS4/CS3) through Control Panel > Programs and Features
- Download the Adobe cleanup tool here: http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html (pc version)
- Run the adobe cleaner tool until it reports that there are no more traces of Adobe CS software installed on your system.
- Restart PC and run the cleaner tool again.
- Go to c:files and remove any remaining Adobe CS folders (Do not remove any folders that belong to Adobe applications that you want to keep). Restart system.
- Re-install only the version of Adobe CS that you need to use. Be sure to install it in the DEFAULT path.
- Update CS fully by loading Adobe Bridge and running the 'Updates' option located under the 'Help' menu.
- Update your graphics, audio, and mainboard chipset drivers by downloading the latest drivers from the manufacturer website(s).
- Verify that the windows UAC setting is disabled or set to 'never notify'. To do so, please see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Download the appropriate Matrox driver for your version of Adobe Creative Suite and install it.

PC - Matrox driver uninstall/reinstall procedure

- Uninstall current MXO2 drivers
- Re-download the Matrox driver from our website: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/
- After downloaded, right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click the 'UNBLOCK' command button (if seen)
- Verify that the Windows 7 UAC option is turned OFF (set to Never Notify) How-to link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run the Matrox Mtx.utils installer
- Shut down the system
- Power cycle the MXO2
- Power the PC
- Check the x.info application and verify that the hardware information is visible (right-click the 'M' icon in the system tray, click on 'Open X.Info'. Then select 'Hardware' from the drop-down menu).
- If all is ok in the previous step, then you can re-enable the Windows 7 UAC option to your desired level.
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll give it a shot as soon as I get finished evaluating CC.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, let us know results on your end.
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my CC 2015 trial period expired and I've decided to stay with CS 5.5 for now. All CC 2015 products were uninstalled through Control Panel and I was able to uninstall MtxUtils for CC 2015 following your instructions and reinstall v 5.5.1.44 for PP 5.5. I did not uninstall CS 5.5 or run the Adobe Cleaner app. My system specs:

Win7 Pro 64 Service Pack 1
i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
16 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 w/4Gb RAM
Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration
MXO2 Mini (not MAX)
MtxUtils v5.5.1.44
Adobe CS 5.5 v5.5.2

MtxUtils installed successfully and Matrox presets are now present when PP 5.5 is opened, but here's my problem.

Captured video from a Sony BluRay player using Component input is corrupted. I described a similar problem when testing CC 2015 and did eventually get it to work, but using the same procedures with CS 5.5 hasn't worked. Default Player in PP is set to Matrox Player.

Capture settings:

Capture screen:

I'm not sure why it says Editing Format is NTSC 4:3 and I don't know where to change that in PP, but was able to change it when trying a capture with Matrox AV Tools, but it didn't make any difference as far as the capture was concerned.

Do you think a complete uninstall of all CS 5.5 apps and running Adobe Cleaner Tool will fix this or is there a setting I've overlooked somewhere.

Thanks
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an incompatibility issue with NVIDIA GeForce GTX (driver version 285.62) and NVIDIA Quadro display cards. To fix the issue install one of the previous drivers for your NVIDIA display card.
For GeForce GTX install version 280.26 or 266.58

Sticky posted in the link below
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=6874
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. According to my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 driver information in Device Manager, my Driver Version is 10.18.13.5850. I don't see any other driver information that looks like the versions you listed.

In the link you posted, the latest post says:

"Update: This issue has been resolved with Mtx.utils 6.1.0.100 release for use with Adobe CS5.5 (Premiere 5.5.2). You can find the release available through our downloads: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/"

Will that Mtx.utils version work with my setup and fix the problem? Seems to me I had read some time ago that v6.1.x would not work with CS 5.5.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MXO2 utils version 6.1.0 supports Adobe 5.5 (Premier Pro 5.5.2). Uninstall 5.5.1 download and install 6.1.0 and see if problem persist.
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to have fixed it. Very Happy

This same hardware with Mtx.utils v5.1.1.x had been working for years before I loaded CC 2015 for testing, so not sure why it wouldn't work now. In any case, it's working now.

Thank You!
HDVideo
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit my last - Mtx.utils v5.5.1
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear your issue is resolved. We will lock this case but please start a new post for any new issues you encounter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: