Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MP4 capture with multiple audio channels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff@breakthefloor.com
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: MP4 capture with multiple audio channels Reply with quote

My associate asked in the pre-purchase forum a few days ago if it was possible to capture an MP4 with more than 2 audio tracks. We are now trying to capture multiple channels in the embedded SDI feed and it will only allow me to capture 2 channels at a time. Is there any way to capture more than 2 audio channels at a time directly to MP4? Maybe using Metus Ingest or another mp4 hardware encoder that will allow me to do this?
jeff@breakthefloor.com
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Also Reply with quote

I am using the included H.264 capture utility. Capturing to MP4 is crucial, I can't do a TS stream or something similar then re-encode. Thanks.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Can you confirm what version of Mtx.utils you are running? What is your OS version?

With the Matrox MAX H.264 Utility, you should be able to capture more than 2 audio channels as shown in the Advanced Settings. See page 234 of the User Guide for more information: ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Matrox%20Mojito%20MAX%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide_8.0.pdf

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
jeff@breakthefloor.com
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I am using version 8.0.0.15342.

I understand I can capture more than 2 channels, however I need them capture as audio tracks EMBEDDED in the MP4 file, not captured as separate .WAV tracks. I can't see a way to do this in the advanced settings of the H.264 Capture Utility. It is only letting me choose which 2 tracks get embedded in the MP4 file.

I need them to be embedded as multiple tracks in the MP4 file because I am running them through a Telestream Episode workflow that needs to pull the channel mappings.
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first pair of audio is embedded in the video file however, the other audio tracks are still associated to the same video file. They will be imported into the application at once, such as with Premiere. Premiere also has an audio mapping track sequence (5.1 or 7.1).

What is your exact workflow in Episode once you import the file?

Have you tried contacting Avid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: