Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jan J
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Two requests Reply with quote

For user's like me, who had to "make room" in the PC in order to install the MXO2.. There is no "Upgrade Path" to MAX, because there are no board slots left!

(I had to remove a USBV3 PCI-E card to "Make Room" for the Matrox interface card, and then buy a PCI USBV3 card for PCI-X slot in order to regain access to USBV3 products).

The PC is still very powerful, so an upgraded PC or motherboard is simply not an option right now.

I wish there was an Upgrade Path for MXO2 users that could benefit from MAX technology, for use with Encore and capture, but at present I cannot do an extra card..... I have no slots left for expansion. I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only person in this position.

An Upgrade path would be very beneficial.

Second Request... (Probably for next product)

Add an second Cross Converter for main output independant of Cross/Down converter that already exists...

At present: If I shoot 1080i and have to deliver 720p, I lose my SD Component and composite monitor feeds:

During edit, set primary output for 1080i, which allows me to use downconvert to Analog Component Monitoring as NTSC and composite for Scopes.

However.... I use HDMI output for Client viewing on the big DLP screen in next room, And UN-fortuneately that DLP will Not Lock to 1080i, so I have to Cross Convert the Main output to 720P, which gets picture on the DLP for Client Viewing, but now my SD PVM monitor component and Composite scopes won't work... So even though I will need 1080i on main output for layoff to tape, for client viewing I'm forced to Cross Convert Main output to 720p to get video to the DLP in next room!

If there was a second Cross Converter, you could have a 1080i project, cross converted to 720p for distribution (or in my case--viewing) and retain your SD Composite and Component feeds... simultaneously

Thanks for listening...
Jan J
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find myself sitting here while my edit system number crunches an BlueRay in Encore CS6.....

Gee, I wish there was a hardware accelerator that would work with Encore to speed up BR H264 renders!!!!

Gee, I also wish Adobe had continued on with Encore, as I don't care what Adobe says..... Encore and Dynamic Link to Encore from PPRO are lifesavers.......

Hours to go.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: