Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MOX02 Mini - No video, just audio

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkytwig
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: MOX02 Mini - No video, just audio Reply with quote

I am running Yosemite and have the card installed and breakout box connected. audio out is working fine. I have updated to latest firmware (15 I think it is).

Whatever I try I don't get video. Well almost whatever I try. i am connected using Component (RGB) and even though I am connected this way I do get the test patterns coming up when I go into calibration. Very odd as this is only supposed to be for HDMI. I can't get any video on the monitor attached in FCP X or Premiere CC 2015 atall, blank screen.

I was using the monitor with a blackmagic Intensity Pro and went to the MX02 as PP 2015 does not work with it (known issue, blackmagic blaming Adobe and via serversa).

I was having to set output to 50i to get the monitor working with component (may work with other frame rates with HDMI but don't have a lead long enough). i have tried various resolutions and framerates but no joy.

Ben
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben,

As you running Yosemite you should have Matrox utils 4.6.0.0006 installed which supports FCP X and Adobe CC2015. The MXO2 driver can be downloaded here: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/support/downloads/

Once driver is installed in Mac System preferences > Matrox utils > make sure hardware is detected, under the Info tab you should see the MXO2 serial number as well as the current software version.

For more detailed information on how to play back and output video and audio in Apple FCP please refer to User Guide Chapter 9, page 123-126.

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Matrox%20MXO2%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide_4.5.1.pdf

For more detailed information on how to define your settings in Premier Pro for video and audio output please refer to User Guide Chapter 9, page 82-83.

ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/video/doc/Matrox%20MXO2%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide_4.5.1.pdf

If problem with HDMI video output persist after all settings are done correctly in both applications the another way to test video output would be using Matrox Vetura Capture application. Go to > Applications > Matrox Utils folder > Vetura Capture.

Please do the following:

- Connect video source device via HDMI, consumer camera perhaps to HDMI input on the MXO2.
- Take the HDMI output of the MXO2 box and connect to your TV/Monitor.
- Go to the A/V Input section of the Matrox preferences. Set HDMI input for both Video and Audio.
- Load Vetura Capture, open the preferences and match the video format to the format being output from your camera.
- The video output via HDMI should be available as soon as you get video pass-through in capture window in Vetura.

If problem still persist then could be that HDMI port on the MXO2 is defective but before you get to that conclusion try different HDMI cable first.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: