Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MC Symphony 8.4.2 Mavericks 10.9.5 MXO2 driver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous User
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject: MC Symphony 8.4.2 Mavericks 10.9.5 MXO2 driver Reply with quote

I'm trying to find out if there is yet a qualified driver for MXO2 / mini for Avid Symphony 8.4.2 on OS Mavericks 10.9.5. The info I see mentions only OS 10.9.3 for driver 4.2.0.0006.

regards,

Andrew
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have not certified nor tested Avid MC or Symphony 8.x under Mavericks (10.9.5) with MXO2 4.2 drivers. However, we have had users reported working with this configuration.

It would be at your discretion using this configuration.
Anonymous User
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sam,

OK now there's another issue - what about Avid Symphony 8.4.2 on Yosemite 10.10.5. Again, it only mentions Symphony 8.3 (although MC8.4 is there) and only OS 10.10.4, in the documentation...?

I'm finding it really difficult these days to find an upgrade path, with OS and version changes. I've already missed downloading Yosemite, now that El Cap is out there, so will have to find a way of getting hold of that "illegally" in order to be able to stand a chance of finding an OS / App combination.

I don't suppose the FCP7 / Mavericks / MXO2 driver saga ever got resolved...?

regards, Andrew
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

You can also find other tested supported configurations here: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewforum.php?f=49

Yosemite 10.10.5 OSX has been certified with 4.6 drivers. However, we have not certified Avid Symphony 8.4 but as mentioned this has been tested Avid MC 8.4 and users are working well.

Yes, we do not support El Capitan and no plans to support this latest OSX. http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14381

There are no official plans for FCP7 and Mavericks MXO2 drivers. We do have a custom driver (v2.6.2 beta) however, there are some issues within FCP7 under this driver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: