Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HDMI monitor - no signal after wake from sleep

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnK
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: HDMI monitor - no signal after wake from sleep Reply with quote

This is more of a general Mac/OSX issue, but we use CC15 now so thought i would post here (feel free to move topic).

We have the new Mac Pro model and our MXO2 Max is hooked up via Thunderbolt converter to an HP Dreamcolor monitor (HDMI). We've been having issues when the Mac goes to sleep at the end of the day; upon wake the Dreamcolor loses signal and reports "no input". Also, if Premiere Pro is left running then there will be no output to the monitor (even though Matrox player still shows up in the prefs) and sometimes leads to stuttering playback or no playback in the timeline. System prefs show the Matrox is present. A restart does solve the issue.

Not sure if this is an issue with the MXO2 or the Dreamcolor. The MXO2 is powered up and running when woken from sleep but the monitor does not see (or accept) the HDMI signal. Have you seen this behavior before? Is there any way to 'jump start' or reset the HDMI signal without restarting the Mac? Or is it best practices to turn off the MXO2 and monitor each night before the machine goes to sleep?

TIA,
JVK
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

We haven't seen this type of behaviour nor has this issue been reported yet. It looks like EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) issue between source device and display but, could be the MXO2 or Premier Pro or HP monitor as well.

To narrow down the problem you might consider testing different monitor first and see if problem persist. Before you do test, in Premier Pro right click on Program window and make sure Playback and Paused Resolution are set to Full.

To test MXO2 video output performance via HDMI you can simply connect any source device (camera, VHS, deck) to any available input (Composite, S-Video, SDI, Component or HDMI) then run Vetura Capture application and see if problem still there.
Please note before you launch application you need to configure the A/V input section of the Matrox preferences. Set appropriate input according to the physical connection from the source device for Video signal. Load Vetura Capture, open the capture settings and match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc).

You can find Vetura Capture application in Matrox utils folder, Applications > Matrox Utils > Vetura Capture.

Also please confirm you are running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 and MXO2 driver version 4.6.0.0006.
JohnK
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vlad,

Issue persisted today when I came in to wake the Mac Pro. Premiere Pro was not running before it went to sleep but when launched it would not display any video output from the program.

I switched to a different monitor with the same HDMI cable, it did not display any video either. I was able to get the HDMI calibration pattern to display on the 2nd monitor through the System prefs, but no video from Premiere.

I power-cycled the MXO2 and plugged the Dreamcolor back in and it received a signal. So at least I don't need to do a full restart to get the monitor back up.

I don't have any decks in the office but I could try a camera with Vetura capture the next time this happens -- if you think that test will help with the troubleshooting.

I can confirm that we are running OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 and MXO2 driver version 4.6.0.0006.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback. I did a bit of investigation and turns out the MXO2 does not support Sleep mode.

If you don't want to shut down your system then power cycling of the MXO2 is required to re-initialise video output from the application.

I hope this helps
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2015 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: