Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02 Mini Max Cs4 (Code 43)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terry Reardon
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:48 am    Post subject: MX02 Mini Max Cs4 (Code 43) Reply with quote

I purchased a Mxo2 Mini Max June 2015. I installed Matrox mtx.utils 2.0.1 on windows 7 64 bit. I'm using Premiere Pro cs4 with all updates, 4.2.1
Nvidia Fx 4600 with latest win 7 driver.
I'm getting a code 43 error in device manager.
Do I have a firmware/driver problem with the new Mxo2 Mini.
Please advise
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The issue you are seeing is related to the newly purchased MXO2 units. There is a new hardware component available only with newly purchased MXO2 products.
The hardware change does not affect anyone, only future customers that want to use "previous released software support". This is not applicable to the latest driver version. The hardware change does not affect current shipping versions of our hardware, nor does it make future produced products any better or worse than what is currently shipping.

If you want to use the MXO2 Mini MAX hardware, you will need to upgrade your Adobe version to CS5 or higher to be able to use the latest MXO2 software and firmware update available with latest MXO2 drivers.
Terry Reardon
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Mx02 Mini with Cs4 Reply with quote

Thanks Sam for your reply. I've been using the rt.x2 with cs4 since 2006.
Before I bought the Mox2 Mini, I checked all posts to make sure it would work with cs4. Even Jeff with Harbor said it would work if I used the Adobe 4.2.1 drivers. I'm retired and not in a position to upgrade to cs5. Is there know way to make the new mx02 work with cs4. Please help.
Terry Reardon
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: MXO2 Code 43 Reply with quote

Matrox Please answer me. I spent hard earned money on this card, in good faith after careful research all over the web. All posts say the MXo2 will work with CS4 CS5 and CS6. I even looked at your support downloads and you provide mtx.utils for Cs4. It doesn't say old card/new card.
Please respond as to how I can get the proper Drivers. Maybe Jeff Pulera with Safe Harbor can help. thanks Terry
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are sorry about the delayed reply however, we were on holiday yesterday as mentioned here: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14350

A Matrox sales representative will be in contact with you shortly.
Terry Reardon
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject: MX02 Mini Reply with quote

Thanks Sam, for your standard copy and paste answer.
I was NOT contacted by a Matrox Rep SHORTLY. I had to phone Matrox tech support in Montreal. I got the same response from Sergio. "Sorry we made a hardware change in the MX02 two years ago, because we were having issues with cs5 and cs6". "So it no longer works with cs4". Funny most manufactures would improve a product to work with newer software, and try to make it backward compatible with previous software versions. Or at least make sure customers are well informed before they bought the MX02. THAT MAKES MY MX02 MINI MAX USELESS. THANKS.
Maybe a Version A and Version B, would have better served your customers Lets NOT get so excited about new high tech products, without building a solid base of support for the products your customers have already bought. What about the customers that bought the MX02 a couple of years ago. If they need to purchase a new unit, it won't work, will it. Sad.
Thanks for nothing Terry
Matrox_Sergio
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Terry,

I would like to make it clear that the hardware component change had nothing to do with any incompatibility with Adobe CS5 and CS6. It was merely a physical hardware change which required a newer firmware update. During that time Matrox was no longer developing newer drivers for Adobe CS4. Once the firmware was released it was implemented into our drivers that supported Adobe CS5 or higher.

Regards,
Matrox Sergio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: