Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio distortion/Faster playback

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videoguy
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Audio distortion/Faster playback Reply with quote

Hi,
I tried to find this in another post but wasn't able to find it. Having some trouble capturing Audio in Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. I must have changed something but can't figure out what I've changed. I was able to do this just a few weeks ago with the same Cassette Deck but unfortunately I didn't save the project. When I capture Audio by going to File/Capture / Select the Settings Tab / Choose Matrix AVI - On the Logging Tab I select Audio Only, start the playback from the Cassette Deck and then click on the Record button lower right. When I try to playback the audio, it's really distorted and plays slightly faster than the original from the Cassette. There is only one output on the back of the Cassette deck and I have it plugged into the Input of the Matrox MX02 Mini Max box. I figure somewhere the recording level is set too high but not sure where. I've checked the volume settings for the sound card and they seem fine.

System configuration:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
64-bit OS
16GB Ram
Matrox Mtx.utils Version: 7.5.1.1966

I appreciate any assistance that would be available for this.
Best regards
Jeff
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

In order to perform an audio-only capture using Matrox MXO2/Mojito MAX with Adobe Premiere Pro or Avid Media Composer, you must set the Input Type to Consumer-quality Source and select a Component video input source in the Matrox Capture Settings dialog box, although the video input source doesn't need to be connected.

I hope this helps
Videoguy
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vlad,
For some reason I had Composite chosen for the video input source. When I switched it to Component, as you suggested. I was then able to capture audio without distortion. I did already have the Input type set to Consumer quality-source. I am always so impressed with the level of technical support I get from you guys at Matrox.

Thank you so much
Kind regards
Jeff
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,

You are very welcome, glad to hear your issue is resolved.

We will lock this case but please start a new post for any new issue you encounter.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe & other supported software (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: