Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MC 8.3 - needs Yosemite ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMolineaux
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject: MC 8.3 - needs Yosemite ? Reply with quote

Am I to understand that to run MC 8.3 with an MXO2 LE I need Yosemite?
How will that run on an early 2008 MacPro (3.1) ?
We'll see I guess.

Can I find a trial version of MC 8.2 ? And will that run on Mavericks and talk to our MXO2 LE?

Cheers,
Damien
DMolineaux
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: MC 8.3, MacPro 3.1 w/ Yosemite, Matrox util 4.5.1 - no video Reply with quote

testing testing testing

I've reinstalled my Mac with Yosemite, because that is what is required for the Matrox Utilities v4.5

I installed the latest version of the utilities, v4.5.1 and I'm still not getting a video output or an option to select the MXO2 LE under Special/Device

I've now uninstalled the Utilities v4.5.1 and trying v4.5

but no luck (or whatever, I don't really think it's a questionof luck).

Am I missing something? When I go to Tools/Hardware Setup it does open the Matrox Utilities control panel, but I should be able to select the MXO under Special/Device right.

Is there another option, setting or something I need to set somewhere else?

Cheers,
Damien
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Damien,

Are you running Avid MC 8.3.1 update?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Matrox software? If you decide to upgrade to 8.3.1, please update your Avid first and then install Matrox.

If you open Capture Tool, do you see Matrox listed as one of the capture devices?

What is the project format and frame rate you are using?
Can you go to MXO2 Preferences > Video Output pane and select 1080i under main channel format?

I am not sure if the Special/Device should enlist Matrox. Can you send us a screenshot to mxosupport@matrox.com to the attention of Sam?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Avid Media Composer Family (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: