Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02 Dock + MX02 Mini w/MAX on Mavericks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Dock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuck L
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: MX02 Dock + MX02 Mini w/MAX on Mavericks Reply with quote

Hi - I have been using Mini MX02+MAX on MacPro 10.7.5 for years now. Im looking to move editing to MacBookPro with the DOCK and the Mini.
Before I invest in a DOCK, I need to know:

Q: Does the current software suite support Mavericks 10.9.5 with FCP-X 10.1.3 and Compressor 4.1.3 ?

[Your software version 4.2.0 lists only FCP-X 10.1.1 and Comp 4.1.1]

Q: Are you planning to bypass the latest Apple updates on 10.9.5 and target Yosemite ?

[Im not sure I want to go to Yosemite - I prefer Zion..
not clear what lack of support on Quicktime this may have ...] Question
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chuck L,

This is the official list of applications and operating systems we tested with our current build:

http://matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/mac/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Supported_OS_and_Applications_4_2.pdf

Either the dock or the thunderbolt adapter would work here with the MBP.

With regards to the latest Mac OS Yosemite, we released the following:
To all Matrox CompressHD, MXO2 Family, and Mojito MAX users,

With the upcoming release of Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10, CompressHD, MXO2 Family, and MojitoMAX utilities will no longer be supporting QuickTime based applications. These would include applications such as:

- Apple Final Cut Pro v7.0.3, Color 1.5, Soundtrack Pro 3
- Apple QuickTime Broadcaster
- Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder
- Telestream Wirecast
- Telestream Episode
- Boinx Software BoinxTV
- Softron MovieRecorder
- ToolsOnAir

Users that want continued support for QuickTime based applications, please remain with Mac OS X Lion v10.7.5, Mountain Lion 10.8.5, or Mavericks 10.9.X (using specific Matrox Utilities beta software for Mavericks OS X).

As for Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10, our upcoming Matrox Utilities v4.5 software will be supporting the following applications: Apple Final Cut Pro X, Apple Compressor, Adobe CC, and Avid Media Composer.

Best Regards,
Matrox Video Technical Support
DWagerer
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:36 am    Post subject: How can I stream on Yosemite? Reply with quote

Hi,

why do the actual release do not support QuickTime based applications?

How can I stream with my MXO2 mini?

Greets,
Dominik
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: How can I stream on Yosemite? Reply with quote

DWagerer wrote:
Hi,

Greets,
Dominik

Hi Dominik,

Which streaming application do you with to use with your MXO2? What is your current MAC OSX version?

If you are running Yosemite with Wirecast 6, then we can provide you with a special driver build.

Driver support levels are decided by our product management team along with developers after considering many factors. The last official MXO2 Quicktime-based driver (2.6.1) was supported by Lion or Mountain Lion. As of Mavericks, our MXO2 drivers have been focused on supporting the latest versions of Adobe, Avid and FCP X versions, which are based on AV Foundation, not Quicktime.
Dwagerer
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: How can I stream on Yosemite? Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

I?m using Yosemite OS X 10.10.3.

I want to stream live on YouTube using Flash Media Live Encoder, because YouTube proposed it. So I installed the application and recognized that FMLE doesn't find my MXO2.

After searching threw the forum i found this chat and i realized that my current driver version (latest) doesn't support FMLE Sad

Is there any possibility to play out my plan with my current software configuration. Or is it better to install Snow Leopard on a second partition and use older drivers?

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:
DWagerer wrote:
Hi,

Greets,
Dominik

Hi Dominik,

Which streaming application do you with to use with your MXO2? What is your current MAC OSX version?

If you are running Yosemite with Wirecast 6, then we can provide you with a special driver build.

Driver support levels are decided by our product management team along with developers after considering many factors. The last official MXO2 Quicktime-based driver (2.6.1) was supported by Lion or Mountain Lion. As of Mavericks, our MXO2 drivers have been focused on supporting the latest versions of Adobe, Avid and FCP X versions, which are based on AV Foundation, not Quicktime.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: How can I stream on Yosemite? Reply with quote

Dwagerer wrote:
Hi Joe,

I want to stream live on YouTube using Flash Media Live Encoder, because YouTube proposed it. So I installed the application and recognized that FMLE doesn't find my MXO2.

After searching threw the forum i found this chat and i realized that my current driver version (latest) doesn't support FMLE Sad

Is there any possibility to play out my plan with my current software configuration. Or is it better to install Snow Leopard on a second partition and use older drivers?

For AFMLE, the best option is to setup a 2nd partition on your HD:

1. Create an extra boot partition on your hard drive.
Instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bea0iNuP5yE

2. Install MAC OSX Lion 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on the new partition.

3. Setup your partitions as follows:

- Boot 1 (existing partition): 10.10.3

- Boot 2 (new partition): 10.7.5 or 10.8.5 / AFMLE / Matrox 2.6.1.0001

4. To choose which partition to boot from, hold the 'Alt/Option' key on your MAC when you hear the MAC boot-up sound at startup.
DWagerer
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: How can I stream on Yosemite? Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

works fine! Thanks a lot!

Greets,
Dominik

Matrox_Support_Joe wrote:
Dwagerer wrote:
Hi Joe,

For AFMLE, the best option is to setup a 2nd partition on your HD:

1. Create an extra boot partition on your hard drive.
Instructional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bea0iNuP5yE

2. Install MAC OSX Lion 10.7.5 or Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on the new partition.

3. Setup your partitions as follows:

- Boot 1 (existing partition): 10.10.3

- Boot 2 (new partition): 10.7.5 or 10.8.5 / AFMLE / Matrox 2.6.1.0001

4. To choose which partition to boot from, hold the 'Alt/Option' key on your MAC when you hear the MAC boot-up sound at startup.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Dominik.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Dock All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam