Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Instant h.264 capture/export?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
el jengibre
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Instant h.264 capture/export? Reply with quote

I am looking for an I/O device that will let me capture a 1080i60 SDI stream and convert into H.264 with essentially zero time for the export. I am going to be recording a live event and sending the video file over the internet to another venue to be played back 30-45 min. later. I have a Blackmagic Decklink card that lets me do this with ProRes, but I need to use h.264 so the file sizes are smaller for quick upload/download via the internet. I've also tried Blackmagic's H.264 Pro encoder which does an instant capture/export, but that box is so buggy as to be unusable.

Will the Mojito Max do this? Is there software that will convert a live SDI signal to an h.264 .mov or .mp4 file on the fly? I'm afraid if I use an NLE like FCPX for the capture, I'll have to wait on the export, and I don't have time for that.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Any MXO2 MAX product or MojitoMAX card can capture directly to H.264 using the Matrox H.264 Capture application on PC (Windows) systems. The application is installed with the MXO2 driver.

This option is not available on the MAC platform. On MAC, you will need to capture to a non-H.264 codec (Prores, Matrox Mpeg2 i-frame etc) and then encode the video to H.264 using Apple Compressor. If you have an MXO2 with the MAX option or Mojito MAX card, then this process is very fast if using the Matrox MAX H.264 presets in Compressor.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox Mojito MAX All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam