Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02 Mini running (very) hot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagleburger
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: MX02 Mini running (very) hot Reply with quote

I have just reorganised my edit room and now have the Mini on the desk. It's only now that I've realised how hot the unit gets, even when it's idle.

Is this normal? Is there any way I can monitor it's temperature? I can't see anything in the Matrox utility to do this.

I've just filed a feature request to be able to switch the thing off when not in use. Pulling out the power lead just isn't very elegant.

Thanks very much
Matrox_Support_Sam
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eagleburger,

The MXO2 Mini normally runs a little hot but should not overheat. On the MAC platform, we do not have a temperature setting or display, however, on Windows, we have Tempature reporting display via Matrox X-info. See page 282 of Windows User Guide for screenshot: http://www.matrox.com/video/media/pdf/support/windows/mxo2/doc/en_Matrox_MXO2_Installation_and_User_Guide_7_6.pdf

Quote:
Important Whether or not you have opened Matrox X.info, if your MXO2 exceeds the maximum operating temperature, you'll receive a warning message

Using X.info to display MXO2 information with further instructions as explained in the section "Error notification" on page 283.
Monitoring your MXO2's operating temperatures
As shown in the X.info Hardware section, the MXO2 page displays the current and maximum operating temperatures for your Matrox MXO2 hardware. To avoid damage to your Matrox MXO2, make sure that you don't operate your MXO2 at or near the maximum temperature for a prolonged period of time. You should target your MXO2 to operate at least 10 C below the maximum operating temperature.
You should monitor the temperature of your MXO2 periodically and take measures as needed to lower the room temperature and/or make sure that the MXO2 is not close to a heat source and the MXO2 ventilation holes are not obstructed.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your posting on our feature request section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: