Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thunderbolt adapter problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jtdollard
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Thunderbolt adapter problems Reply with quote

I having an issue I own 2 MXO2 interfaces: a mini and a le max. My mini works fine on my 27"iMac but every time i use the mxo2 le on my mac it locks up and crashes but that same le works just fine on my Windows 7 rig. I have swapped around both the interface cable and thunderbolt cable nothing seams broken. The Windows 7 pc works fine with both the mini and the le and both interface cables work just fine on the PC (or the iMac with the mini). Any ideas on a solution. Is there any type of firmware update on the thunderbolt adapter?
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the PC platform, our drivers support both MXO2 Mini and all other MXO2 device (MXO2 LE, MXO2, MXO2 Rack).

On the MAC platform, the MXO2 Mini requires its own driver while all other MXO2 devices can share the same driver.

Therefore, when connecting the MXO2 LE to the MAC, uninstall the MXO2 Mini driver and install the MXO2 LE driver.
jtdollard
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i's odd you say that when your site says this (Matrox Utilities 4.1 (Mac OS)
(March 19, 2014, 13.1 MB)Installs the Matrox Utilities version 4.1 software for use with Matrox MXO2, MXO2 Rack, MXO2 LE, and MXO2 Mini.) now i have done what you asked before i ever made the first post. i'm not new to trouble shooting computer problems. Also all downloadable versions of 4.1 link to the same file version 4.1.0.0019.
Matrox_Support_Joe
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jtdollard wrote:
Well i's odd you say that when your site says this (Matrox Utilities 4.1 (Mac OS)
(March 19, 2014, 13.1 MB)Installs the Matrox Utilities version 4.1 software for use with Matrox MXO2, MXO2 Rack, MXO2 LE, and MXO2 Mini.) now i have done what you asked before i ever made the first post. i'm not new to trouble shooting computer problems. Also all downloadable versions of 4.1 link to the same file version 4.1.0.0019.

Sorry, yes, with our media core IO drivers, such as 4.1.0.0019, it is the same installer file for all Matrox products.

What is your MAC OSX version?

Please try this procedure:

*** Manual Verification of Uninstall for MXO2 on MAC ***

After the Matrox MXO2 driver has been uninstalled using the Matrox MAX Uninstaller application, it's possible that some files are not removed. This can cause problems. Ex: When installing the Matrox MXO2 driver, you get an error message saying that the driver can't be installed because a MXO2 driver already exists. The solution is to check for any traces of Matrox files not removed from your system and remove them manually. Below is a procedure to remove all traces of the MXO2 driver off your system.

Note: This procedure applies to Matrox Mojito MAX as well.

First, start by uninstalling your MXO2 driver using the Uninstaller application in the Matrox Utilities folder under Applications. Then go through the following steps to remove any files that may still be installed on your system.

1. In /System/Library/Extensions, delete all files that begin with: com.matrox

2. Delete the following files:
Library/PreferencePanes/com.matrox.vpg.MXO2.prefPane
Library/LaunchAgents/com.matrox.vpg.Agent.plist
Library/QuickTime/com.matrox.vpg.Clock.component
Library/QuickTime/com.matrox.vpg.VideoOutput.component
Library/QuickTime/com.matrox.vpg.VideoDigitizer.component
Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/Matrox Enabler.txt
Library/Receipts/Matrox***.pkg (where *** is the MXO2 model; eg: Rack, Mini)
Users/username/Library/Preferences/com.matrox.vpg.Matrox MXO2.plist
Users/username/Library/Applications Support/Compressor/Matrox MAX H.264 Settings (delete folder)

3. Open Mac->Applications and delete the 'Matrox MXO2 Utilities' folder (if present)

4. Load the MAC System Preferences window and delete the 'Matrox MXO2' icon (if still visible)

5. Go to your MAC Network Preferences and delete any Matrox network items

6. In Finder, press Shift+Cmd+G then type: /usr/libexec
Delete: com.matrox.vpg.Agent

7. In Finder, press Shift+Cmd+G then type: /tmp
Delete: Firmware Updater.app

8. Empty Trash.

Once this procedure is complete, restart the MAC and perform a Repair Disk Permissions on your boot drive. Once complete, restart the MAC. Then download a fresh copy of the 4.1.0.0019 driver and install.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: