Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra 18 pin cable like one that originally came with MXO2?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jvasey
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Extra 18 pin cable like one that originally came with MXO2? Reply with quote

I want to share my MATROX box between two computer systems...one computer is an older Mac Pro 1.1 that has the Matrox Pcie card inside and the Matrox 18 pin connecting cable goes from that card to the input of the MATROX MXO2 LE. And from there HDMI out to a 27" display for HD video monitoring.

The other computer with be an iMac with a Thunderbolt output...connected to the Matrox MXOX Thunderbolt Adaptor (which I will have to purchase), and then run the 18 pin connecting cable to the MATROX MXO2. (I realize that at the moment Mavericks drivers are still in development for FCPX).

The idea, as I slowly migrate over from the older computer to the newer one, is sharing the Matrox for HD monitoring for video editing....and the ability to have an EXTRA 18 PIN CABLE means that I would only have to be manually swapping out ONE cable end that goes into the Matrox LE.

So my question, is it at all possible to buy an extra cable? And if so, can I get it directly from Matrox? I don't think the retailers stock this extra cable since one already comes with the purchase of a Matrox MXO2.

Thanks for any advice you can share...

John
Jvasey
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: answering my own posted question Reply with quote

As I started to look closer at my wiring diagrams, I realized that I can always keep one end of the 18 pin connector dedicated to the input of the Matrox MXO2 LE?and the other free end I can either manually connect to the Pcie card connector in the older Mac Pro?or I can unplug it and connect it to the output of the Matrox MXO2 Thunderbolt adaptor (for use by the iMac).

That way I can accomplish some sharing of the unit between the two systems as I slowly migrate. I bit of a kludge to do the manual connect/disconnect, but I don't believe there is any 18 pin "switcher" around that will handle what appears to be a proprietary cable.

Would still welcome any comments that are helpful in that regard?John
Jvasey
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: answering my own posted question Reply with quote

As I started to look closer at my wiring diagrams, I realized that I can always keep one end of the 18 pin connector dedicated to the input of the Matrox MXO2 LE?and the other free end I can either manually connect to the Pcie card connector in the older Mac Pro?or I can unplug it and connect it to the output of the Matrox MXO2 Thunderbolt adaptor (for use by the iMac).

That way I can accomplish some sharing of the unit between the two systems as I slowly migrate. I bit of a kludge to do the manual connect/disconnect, but I don't believe there is any 18 pin "switcher" around that will handle what appears to be a proprietary cable.

Would still welcome any comments that are helpful in that regard?John
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

We are not aware of any splitter available for the MXO2 but an additional cable can be acquired here:

http://shopmatrox.com/

Peter

Matrox Video Technical Support
Jvasey
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Thanks for the ordering information. I did locate it and will bookmark that page for when I decide to order the extra cable.
Matrox_Support_Peter
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

You're welcome, please don't hesitate to start a new thread should you have any further issues or inquiries.

Peter

Matrox Video Technical Support
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: