Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

will mx 02 breakout box do for imac

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin c
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: will mx 02 breakout box do for imac Reply with quote

I have just bought 2.4, 24" imac and fc pro studio 2 and I now need a solution to import un compressed video for editing at highest poss resolution from a bnc/comp connector. I would like this to play out to a monitor like my pinnacle card does will the mx 02 do what I require, furthermore do you still do a bounty scheme on old competitors systems?
thanks
Martin
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

The interconnection between the MXO2 and its host computer is external PCIe. On a MacPro the required interface port is added through a PCIe card installed in the host, on a MacBook Pro this is handled directly through the built-in ExpressCard/34 interface. The current iMac line up however does not have any means for adding such an interface, so the MXO2 then is not the correct choice of I/O device for you.
If you are looking to capture Uncompressed SD then you might have a look at AJA's IO line of devices which you can connect to your iMac via it's firewire interface ... if you need to capture Uncompressed HD then I am afraid you will need to invest in more appropriate host hardware Sad. Sorry.

Andy
martin c
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick response Andy, do you know the exact aja model that would do the job.

regards
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you want to do Martin, only you have all the info needed to make the right decision ... if an SD only solution will suffice then you can choose from the older Io line: http://www.aja.com/pdf/Io_comparison_rev3d_sml.pdf

If you want something that can also handle compressed HD then the newer IoHD is the only current solution for your iMac ... if you have a realistic budget for such a device then you might want to also consider that the cost of a brand new new MacPro + the cost of an MXO2, MXO2 mini or similar might be an equally attractive investment.

Hope that helps
Andy
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam