Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playback of interlaced H.264 ?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Playback of interlaced H.264 ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the following scenario:

1) HDV footage is captured with FinalCutPro on an MacBookPro using the the "Apple intermediate codec" at a resolution of 1440x1080 interlaced 50 fields per second (HDV)

2) Footage is composed to a movie and exported as H.264 at a resolution of 1920x1080 interlaced 50 fields per second

Is it possible to get a perfect playback of this H.264 encoded movies? Perfect means without stuttering playing both fields of the movie at different times? (Playback of interlaced H.264)?

Thank you.

Mats
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mats
This is not a function of the MXO2 per se, rather it is up to your host computer to perform the decompression and then stream that decompressed movie data to the MXO2. If you Mac/PC is capable of that then the MXO2 will be able to display it. FWIW the next generation of the Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) is said to dramatically improve the performance of H264 decompression.
Cheers
Andy
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andi,

thank you for your reply.
So if I would like to present my movies (H.264) to friends I need to playback them with QuickTime Player using V-out?

If I understood you right, the MXO2 does no interlacing (reinterlacing??) of the supplied stream?

Mats
Andy Mees
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats correct, the MXO2 will pass the supplied signal to the available output ports ... it will only convert the signal if you specifically instruct it to do so (up / down / cross conversion)
Matrox_Support_Vic
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do to inactivity of this thread, it will now be locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam