Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MX02 compatibility with OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilsonpro
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: MX02 compatibility with OSX 10.9 Mavericks Reply with quote

Hi,

Two questions please.

I have an MX02 LE with MAX and driver version 4.0.0.0042 running under OSX 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.

1) If I upgrade to OSX 10.9 Mavericks will the MX02 LE still work perfectly please?

2) If not, when will an updated driver be released that supports Mavericks?

I'm very keen to upgrade to Mavericks but don't want to break the MX02 LE for several months waiting for a new driver.

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited by wilsonpro on Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We currently do not have MXO2 driver comparable with OS X 10.9. Mavericks. Tech support does not have information of when this driver support will be released.
As soon as we receive any further updates, we will inform our users.
Supernova
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you mean Mountain Lion?

Snow Leopard is OSX 10.6.

Cheers,

Mark
wilsonpro
(MXO2 LE with MAX)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, well spotted, I have edited it so it is now correct.

Is Matrox being very slow and laid back about releasing essential driver updates in response to OS upgrades? I have found this to be the case over the last few years. Some other industry leaders actually manage to release driver updates before a new OS is released! Surely, Matrox must have had access to developer copies of OSX 10.9 Mavericks well in advance of its final release?

As a side note, this ongoing driver tardiness must be having an impact on Matrox product sales, especially to owners of new computers.

You well might suggest that I should just postpone upgrading my Mac Pro to OSX 10.9 Mavericks (for some unknown length of time before Matrox get their 'driver act together') but I am already committed to doing so very soon as I have been 'caught out' by updating my iPad to iOS7, which requires OSX 10.9 Mavericks to be on my Mac Pro in order for Pages and other iCloud documents to be readable.

It would be really appreciated if Matrox managers could escalate this issue and apply their company's resources to it with urgency, both now and whenever future OS upgrades are released.

Apart from this, I an extremely happy user of the MX02 LE with MAX.

I am sorry I felt I needed to moan about this.

Andy
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For official statement on this matter please refer to the post in Known Issues and Solutions section. This case will be locked.

http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=13229
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with Adobe CC 2014 (Mac) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: