Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1080p50/60 for MXO2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you need 1080p50/60 support in your MXO2?
Yes, that would be awesome!
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No, non standard inputs are a waste of time!
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Users Voted : 6
Total Votes : 6
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

H_luehrsen
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: 1080p50/60 for MXO2 Reply with quote

Hey folks,

as stated in this thread there are some sources, that output 1080p50 or 1080p60 streams via HDMI. As for my purpose, that is a huge hinderance to capture console gameplay with my MXO2 mini, as that pretty much forces me to fall back to 1080i (yuck for progressive targets) or 720p.

There are capture cards in the competition, that accept these non standard 1080p50/60 streams and that are able to conform and capture them at 1080p25/30 for usage in most NLEs out there.

So, please beloved Matrox engeneers, maybe you can find a way for our little box to accept and utilize 1080p50/60 streams without having to switch brands or buy different hardware!

Thanks,
Hendrik
DaTo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be huge for us (I work in the video game space). HUGE!

Note: I can buy $150-$200 capture devices now that support 1080p/60 through HDMI and component and do a fine job at it...

It's time for Matrox to catch up to the consumer devices....(should be the other way around)!
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dato,

Very few video professionals would have the need to be able to capture game play. There isn't a high level of need for this sort of feature as those frame rates are non-standard for video work.

On a side note, game play videos have been banned (and deleted) site-wide on Vimeo. A lot of space was being taken up for content that very few people would watch through.

Andrew
DaTo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at some of YouTube's largest channels and you'll see some video game related. We run one of the largest on YouTube. Our channel has over 2 million subscribers. And then we have a second channel, and sub channels.

Also, it's only a matter of time because 1080p/60 is a FCC-approved broadcast standard. To ignore it is ignoring the future. And when I talk to video professionals, this topic ALWAYS comes up. I know of broadcasters who have already started upgrading all their switchers and all to ones that support 1080p/60.

As far as the need, I'll largely agree with that's how it's been in the past...it hasn't been really needed. But we are moving beyond 1080i and 720p as far as production and post-production workflow goes. It's that simple. Cameras are already starting to record 1080p/60; and have been for awhile. Heck, cell phones do it now. And it's only going to grow. If cameras are recording 1080p/60, then 1080/60 capture through MXO2's will need to go alongside it. There's really no excuse not to unless it's a hardware limitation....if so, bring out the MXO3.
DaTo
(MXO2 Mini with MAX)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err; it's a matter of time until 1080p is a FCC-approved broadcast standard. Wish we could edit posts...
Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no point in voting in this poll.

I do not need the function, and as far as I can see, I never will.

But that does not mean that the introduction of the feature would be a waste of time!
Cipher
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i support this!

What i find weird though, is with 720p @ 59.94 as input source, in the matrox preferences, you can still select 720p @ 29.97 as supposed input source and it'll still work fine, with 1080p this doesn't work =/

so if you have a 1080p @ 59.94 source, you can't set the matrox to 1080p @ 29.97 to get your input displayed, even though you can with 720p which is weird

It would definitely be a great feature to have

Cipher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: