Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adobe Creative Cloud drivers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talgren
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Adobe Creative Cloud drivers Reply with quote

Hello, everyone.

Recently Adobe has released new version of their production tools. AJA and Blackmagic has already updated their drivers. How long are Matrox users expected to wait?

Thank you in advance for the fast and honest reply.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox releases drivers when they are tested to be solid and reliable. This is what you really want rather than a manufacturer who rushes things in order to be the first.

Andrew
talgren
(MXO2 Mini)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew, I really want tested and reliable drivers as soon as new software comes out. Just because Matrox gets it much earlier then we do.
Andrew Smith
(MXO2 with MAX)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on the beta testing programme for this, and hence would not have an accurate knowledge of the development of the Adobe CC drivers, but ...

I would expect that the drivers are in final beta testing with selected existing MXO2 users. Also, because the new "Mercury transmit" subsystem would remain the same, there would be no 'update' surprises for Matrox. Therefore I would expect a release to be quite quick.

As for me, I'm sticking with the CS6 that I own until a non-rental upgrade option becomes available. (This may or may not require Satan to complain bitterly about the cold.)

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Product Feature Enhancements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: