Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 captures in a jerky manner, MXO2 preview is perfect
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe (Windows)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: MXO2 captures in a jerky manner, MXO2 preview is perfect Reply with quote

Hello,

I have the following.

Adobe Premier 6.0.3
MXO2 LE with MAX (Firmware 7.1.0.1294)
Win 7 SP1 (Fully Updated)
i7 - 12 Cores, 32GB Ram,

My Setup:

Panasonic Lumix GH2 camera - Livepreview output HDMI to MXO2 HDMI input. 1080i 50.
[b] I use the MXO2 HDMI output connected to a 47" LED screen

When I am recording my talent, and I am viewing my talent moving on the MXO2 HDMI output on my 47 inch LED screen. Everything is perfectly smooth.

However, when I capture, the 47 inch LED screen is smooth, but in Adobe premiere CS 6 , it seems to be jerky. After I have recorded the footage playback. It is actually jerky.

Can anyone provide some help with this please

autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: MXO2 captures in a jerky manner, MXO2 preview is perfect Reply with quote

Please check out this link - http://atomos.activehosted.com/kb/article/panasonic-gh2

It has instructions to set up the GH2 when recording the HDMI output.

Note that the output at 1080i will probably be a progressive format inside an interlaced stream. I don't know if that plays a part in the playback you are viewing?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

authorleon wrote:
Hello,

I have the following.

Adobe Premier 6.0.3
i7 - 12 Cores, 32GB Ram,

My Setup:

Panasonic Lumix GH2 camera - Livepreview output HDMI to MXO2 HDMI input. 1080i 50.

When I am recording my talent, and I am viewing my talent moving on the MXO2 HDMI output on my 47 inch LED screen. Everything is perfectly smooth.

However, when I capture, the 47 inch LED screen is smooth, but in Adobe premiere CS 6 , it seems to be jerky. After I have recorded the footage playback. It is actually jerky.

authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: MXO2 captures in a jerky manner, MXO2 preview is perfect Reply with quote

autumn wrote:
Please check out this link - http://atomos.activehosted.com/kb/article/panasonic-gh2

It has instructions to set up the GH2 when recording the HDMI output.

Note that the output at 1080i will probably be a progressive format inside an interlaced stream. I don't know if that plays a part in the playback you are viewing?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

authorleon wrote:
Hello,

I have the following.

Adobe Premier 6.0.3
i7 - 12 Cores, 32GB Ram,

My Setup:

has anyone else has experience with the GH2 and this situation please......

Thank you
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confirm, if you playback captured file on the time line in Premier Pro the preview on the Program Window stutters but on the external monitor plays just fine?

What is the codec you captured file with?

Also, right click on the Preview Window and make sure Playback resolution and Paused resolution are set to Full.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Vlad wrote:
To confirm, if you playback captured file on the time line in Premier Pro the preview on the Program Window stutters CORRECT but on the external monitor plays just fine? CORRECT

What is the codec you captured file with? PLEASE SEE ATTACHED IMAGE

Also, right click on the Preview Window and make sure Playback resolution and Paused resolution are set to Full.
HAVE DONE THAT

Alan Craven
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you copy the entire file structure from your camera memory to the Computer hard drive, or just the actual video files themselves?

The Premiere Pro forum has a number of threads in which users complain about poor Premiere performance, and this is often due to them not copying the entire folder, or usiing proprietory software to copy across the media.

Also note that the term "capture" strictly is used for ingest from tape, not for solid state recording.
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding of the workflow is this - the user is taking the LIVE feed from his camera via HDMI into MXO2 capture, and the live pass-thru to the HDMI display looks perfect. However, after capture, the playback on the same display of captured material is then jerky.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we see a screen shot of the PLAYBACK settings for Matrox? Found under Edit > Preferences > Playback then Matrox - Setup

Thanks

Jeff
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do... But first is this:

The GH2 sensor scans at 23.976P and embeds the picture in a 59.94i stream by adding 3:2 pulldown. Nothing unusual about that. But, when it sends this signal out the HDMI port, it adds in extra fields to make the signal a true 60.00i. These extra duplicate fields create havoc when attempting to remove the 3:2 pulldown. Plus, they throw the audio increasingly out of sync the longer the camera rolls.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?237584-HDMI-Capture-Problem-SOLVED-AviSynth-RULES!
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I am still waiting for a solution..

I am using the Matrox h254 Capture software... It is still the same... the footage I capture is unsable....???

Please advise!!!
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To confirm, are you using Matrox H.264 Capture application or you are capturing in Adobe Premier Pro 6.0.3?
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I have tried both applications with the same result
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried reinstalling MXO2 driver?

If not, uninstall existing driver and follow the procedure below.
- Download the fresh version of 7.1.0 driver, right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot.
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils 7.1.0 setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC).
- Re-enable UAC option if needed.

Launch Matrox A/V Tools and before you start capturing configure the capture settings. First, set editing format then set appropriate input according to the physical connection to device you are capturing from as the source for both Video and Audio, should say OK once the signal is detected. Match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc) and select Matrox MPEG -2 I-frame for codec.

Let us know findings on your end.
authorleon
(MXO2)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matrox_Support_Vlad wrote:
Have you tried reinstalling MXO2 driver?

If not, uninstall existing driver and follow the procedure below.
- Download the fresh version of 7.1.0 driver, right-click the Mtx.utils exe file and select Properties. Under the General tab, click unblock (at the bottom) if it is seen.
- Make sure the UAC option is turned off (set to Never Notify in Windows 7 settings) before running the MXO2 setup * may need to reboot.
To disable UAC option or set it to Never Notify in Windows 7, please follow this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975787
- Run Mtx.utils 7.1.0 setup and then make sure a full reboot and power cycle is performed (after install is complete, shutdown PC, disconnect MXO2 power for several seconds, reconnect power of MXO2 and then power up the PC).
- Re-enable UAC option if needed.

Launch Matrox A/V Tools and before you start capturing configure the capture settings. First, set editing format then set appropriate input according to the physical connection to device you are capturing from as the source for both Video and Audio, should say OK once the signal is detected. Match the video format to the format being output from your device (camera, deck, etc) and select Matrox MPEG -2 I-frame for codec.

Let us know findings on your end.

oK, QUESTION.. Why 7.1.0????

I need 7.3 for wirecast -Installs Matrox Mtx.utils version 7.3 (build 1822) for Windows. This release supports Telestream Wirecast Studio and Telestream Wirecast Pro 4.2.4 only.
Matrox_Support_Vlad
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MXO2 captures in a jerky manner, MXO2 preview is perfect Reply with quote

You never mentioned you are using Telestream Wirecast. Please note 7.3.0 driver does not support NLE applications.
authorleon wrote:
Hello,

I have the following.

Adobe Premier 6.0.3
i7 - 12 Cores, 32GB Ram,

My Setup:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> MXO2 Family and Mojito MAX with previous versions of Adobe (Windows) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: