Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MXO2 minimax usable for HDV/DV and dual stream 3D workflow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: MXO2 minimax usable for HDV/DV and dual stream 3D workflow Reply with quote

Hello Matrox Team!

I'm currently using a Canon HV-30 Camcorder with a RT.x100 card.

Is the MXO2 mini max with CS5.5 (Win) aso usable for DV and HDV Workflows like I'm used to it with my RT.X100 card?

In future I want to upgrade my camcorder as well.
I'm waiting for a pro-sumer dual-stream 3D camcorder that supports 2x1920x1080p resolution like an affordable verson of the Panasonic AG-3DA1 Full HD professional 3D camcorder with dual stream AVCHD recording

Is the MXO2 mini max capable of such footage as well?

Thanks for your reply!

Peter
autumn
(MXO)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: MXO2 minimax usable for HDV/DV and dual stream 3D workfl Reply with quote

Hi Peter,

MXO2 Mini works great with DV and HDV footage. Such footage will be captured via 1394 using Adobe-native DV or HDV sequence presets, and the captured clips can then be edited using Matrox presets and can be previewed out of the MXO2 hardware.

Alternately, you can capture directly into MXO2 using either the analog or HDMI inputs, using the Matrox MPEG-2 I-Frame codec for higher quality.

Regarding 3D - Matrox is promoting this for MAC users, but I don't see anything on the PC side right now - http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/mxo2_family/3d_workflows/#close

MXO2 has no problem playing AVCHD footage, but can't say for 3D with PC, have not tried that at all

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers
www.sharbor.com

Peter wrote:
Hello Matrox Team!

I'm currently using a Canon HV-30 Camcorder with a RT.x100 card.

Is the MXO2 mini max with CS5.5 (Win) aso usable for DV and HDV Workflows like I'm used to it with my RT.X100 card?

In future I want to upgrade my camcorder as well.
I'm waiting for a pro-sumer dual-stream 3D camcorder that supports 2x1920x1080p resolution like an affordable verson of the Panasonic AG-3DA1 Full HD professional 3D camcorder with dual stream AVCHD recording

Thanks for your reply!

Peter
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Peter and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. Officially right now we do not support 3D monitoring on the PC. I have had users tell me they work with Cineform Neocene with MXO2 and CS5. It would be the same workflow than with a Mac.

Because the MXO2 does not support dual SDI 1080. You would need to use a muxer, and then capture Muxed footage through our SDI cables (so you can not use this on the Mini) To keep left and right eye separate, and capture, this is not a MXO2 supported feature so you need a document I have that I will gladly email you from customer_care@matrox.com

That uses left and right eye, ingest through native digital ingest, file transfer etc?Then we work with that workflow for monitoring etc?See the example you referred to on the Mac 3D pages of MXO2 family here http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/mxo2_family/3d_workflows/

Again this is not officially supported on the PC but feel free to try it and let us know your results, also check back often to see when we do support that workflow.

regards,

JD
Customer care
Gina
(MXO)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: MXO2 minimax usable for HDV/DV and dual stream 3D workfl Reply with quote

Hi Peter:

Have you seen the The Sony HDR-TD10? According to Sony, it "utilizes two Full HD sensors to capture true 1920 x 1080 3D video. Most 3D cameras achieve the 3D affect by splitting a 1920 x 1080 signal in to two 960 x 540 channels in order to squeeze them onto one sensor, thereby limiting resolution on the final output. Because the Sony HDR-TD10 utilizes two HD sensors, it provides a full 1920 x 1080 lines of resolution on both channels, giving you a richer and more immersive 3D experience."

The only thing I am not clear on is the 3D format which is called ".MVC," a Sony "original format" and how that would be captured to the computer for editing and final output using Adobe Premiere 5.5 with Cineform Neo or Neo3D without using an MX02 LE with Max.

Link: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=748366&is=REG&A=details&Q=

"I'm waiting for a pro-sumer dual-stream 3D camcorder that supports 2x1920x1080p resolution like an affordable verson of the Panasonic AG-3DA1 Full HD professional 3D camcorder with dual stream AVCHD recording."

Thanks for your reply!

Peter[/quote]
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gina and thank you for your interest in Matrox products. It appears that this camera records 3D directly to h.264. It also states that it outputs 1080p/60. If that is the case we would not be able to support it now on the PC or the Mac. If you use another one of its codecs that we do support it will not be supported on the Mini, because as stated above, we need a SDI input that the mini does not have and a video muxer to have a supported 3D workflow.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Peter
(MXO)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: MXO2 minimax usable for dual stream 3D workflow Reply with quote

Hello JD!

Thanks for your reply!

Quote:

Because the MXO2 does not support dual SDI 1080. You would need to use a muxer, and then capture Muxed footage through our SDI cables (so you can not use this on the Mini) To keep left and right eye separate, and capture, this is not a MXO2 supported feature so you need a document I have that I will gladly email you from customer_care@matrox.com

Could you explain this further? I'm not sure, if I understood this correctly.

I already requested the document per mail from you, could you please forward it to me or - even better, place it online?

Thank you,
Peter
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Peter and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. On our Mac page we show different workflows with the Matrox MXO2 and 3D http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/mxo2_family/3d_workflows/#close it says you need to get the HD-SDI signal from your 3D camera to a Muxer and then that would create one HD-SDI signal that goes directly into the MXO2 for capturing and monitoring.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
Peter
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello JD!

Thank your for your reply. The workflow shown in the link http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mac/mxo2_family/3d_workflows/#close is for Mac, I'm intending to buy a Win7 based platform, so I assume the Mac workflow is not possible for me.

I'd have the following idea for a workflow to edit 3D movies, is this possible:

I intend to buy a GoPro 3d which records two Full-HD streams, see http://gopro.com/3d-overview/

The recorded stereo files I can drag&drop form the SD card to the computer via card reader.

Those two streams I intended to process with Premiere CS5.5's native 3D
capabilities (I've read, that such a profile should be available)

For output on a Monitor I want to use a standard 3D monitor and connect it to MXO2 Mini via HDMI to verify 3D results.

Is such a workflow feasable?

Does MXO2 Mini's HDMI out port support HDMI Ver 1.4a?

Thank you for your reply!

Regards,

Peter
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Peter and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. Like I stated earlier we do not officially support 3D workflows on the PC. I will respond to your email shortly with the reqested document.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
SteveOK
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Matrox failed to reply on 3D info promised Reply with quote

Just been reading the post, and no answers. I have a TD1 and want to use in CS5 PC or MAC and need to know where my preset is for decoding MVC, MTB, and MT3 from the camera or Everios Media Browser exports.

This post above is old and Matrox promised a reply back in 2011 !!!

I understand that THERE IS a Matrox MVC decoder and encoding preset. Could someone please help and point me to it's location.

I need to use desperately as when I nought the TD 1 it was NOT supplied withe Pixelas Media Browser 3D. So I cannot import into PC except using Capture HDMI methods.

If anyone can help out with the MediaBrowser ISO I would be most grateful as it cannot be bought separately from JVC. I have the latest Pixela upgrade, but that wont upgrade anything unless you have the original CD.

Many Thanks

Steve

PS I am NOT a guest but a usetr. Forum form submission thinks I am a guest
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Steve and thank you for your interest in Matrox products.

JD wrote:"
Quote:
Hello Peter and thank you for your continued interest in Matrox products. Like I stated earlier we do not officially support 3D workflows on the PC. I will respond to your email shortly with the reqested document.

regards,

JD
Customer Care
"

I sent Peter an email over a year ago. To answer your question we now have a few popular 3D workflows on the Mac and PC with our MC-100 product: http://www.matrox.com/video/en/products/mxo2_le_max/3d_workflows/

regards,

JD
Customer care
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2 Mini All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam