Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Totally confused on what MX02 does...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sc1460
(MXO)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Totally confused on what MX02 does... Reply with quote

Sorry, i'm being a bit slow. MXO was easy - its gives you great color grading on a Apple 23" ACD.

1. Reading these posts BC says I can use the MX02 to get color grading on ?any? HDMI LCD or Plasma screen. So I dont need an ACD. I can edit on a Macbook Pro and color grade on my existing HDMI LCD/Plasma screen. Is this right? If so thats great cause it would save me cash as I have an LCD already.

2. The MX02 can ingest - does that mean it replaces the need for a blackmagic intensity card?

3. What would be really useful is a picture of the MX02 in a typical workflow situation from ingest to edit to grading to render showing what type of equipment it can connect to.

Thanks
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Thank you for your interest in the MXO2 product, with regards to your questions;
Quote:
1. Reading these posts BC says I can use the MX02 to get color grading on ?any? HDMI LCD or Plasma screen. So I dont need an ACD. I can edit on a Macbook Pro and color grade on my existing HDMI LCD/Plasma screen. Is this right? If so thats great cause it would save me cash as I have an LCD already.

Yes, however the HDMI monitor must support 1920x1080 in order to use with the MXO2. (It cannot be a 1920x1200 HDMI monitor).

Quote:
2. The MX02 can ingest - does that mean it replaces the need for a blackmagic intensity card?

This is correct. By having the MXO2, you do not need a Blackmagic intensity card. The MXO2 gives you broadcast-quality input/output, monitoring, and up/down/cross conversion to streamline your workflow with Apple Final Cut Studio 2. Please check this page for more product information.

Quote:
3. What would be really useful is a picture of the MX02 in a typical workflow situation from ingest to edit to grading to render showing what type of equipment it can connect to.

We appreciate your comments and will relay your suggestions to the appropriate department. However, please note that the MXO2 can connect to any video/audio device that has the same type of connections that the MXO2 does and works in the same resolutions.

Hope this helps...and Please contact us should you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
B.C.
from italy
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: no 1920x1200? Reply with quote

Quote:Yes, however the HDMI monitor must support 1920x1080 in order to use with the MXO2. (It cannot be a 1920x1200 HDMI monitor).

Is not possible to use such resolution? no 1920x1200? what happens with a monitor like Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP? no image?
downtown
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: good question ! Reply with quote

I just want to know if we can use a good monitor like lacie 24" ou eizo coloredge for to have broadcast color monitor on HDMI output of MXO2. (for color by example)

And I want to know where is the port RS 442 on the MXO2 ?

thanks
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello downtown

Presently, Matrox doesn't have a list of MXO2 validated HDMI monitors.
Therefore, we can only mention the MXO2 minimum system requirements, found on the MXO2 FAQ document question 13 :
HDMI monitor that supports 1920×1080 and "dot-by-dot" mode is recommended for 1:1 pixel mapping

The RS-422 port is on the side of the MXO2 (where the handles are), opposite the perforated metal sheet.

Kind regards,

JC
Customer Care Representative
Video Products Group
Corporate Headquarters
Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd.
video.info@matrox.com
from Italy
(MXO)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: what about 1920x1200? Reply with quote

Ok but what about 1920x1200 monitors as most LCD are? do You see correctly the image with an empty space on the sides? or it does compensate the 120 pixel remaining?

Matrox_Presales wrote:
Hello downtown

Presently, Matrox doesn't have a list of MXO2 validated HDMI monitors.
Therefore, we can only mention the MXO2 minimum system requirements, found on the MXO2 FAQ document question 13 :
HDMI monitor that supports 1920×1080 and "dot-by-dot" mode is recommended for 1:1 pixel mapping

The RS-422 port is on the side of the MXO2 (where the handles are), opposite the perforated metal sheet.

Kind regards,

JC
Video Products Group
Corporate Headquarters
video.info@matrox.com
Matrox_Presales
(Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Italy

Here's one more detail about the MXO2's minimum system requirements for an HDMI connected Monitor or TV :
(Please note that this information is exclusively for monitors / TVs that are connected to the MXO2 via HDMI)

The MXO2 requires a monitor or TV that accept a signal from the YUV colorspace. Monitors that have an RGB colorspace will not accept the YUV signal coming from the MXO2. Therefore, TVs (or some monitors) connected through HDMI must accept a signal from the YUV colorspace and support the 1920 x 1080 resolution to display the signal coming from the MXO2.

So, linking in with your resolution question, the signal sent from the MXO2 through HDMI is 1920x1080, therefore the MXO2 supports monitors / TVs that have this resolution and go through the YUV colorspace.

Kind regards,

JC
Video Products Group
Corporate Headquarters
video.info@matrox.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam