Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch         RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three monitors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordancamera
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Three monitors Reply with quote

I have a intel mac with two dual graphic cards (for a total of four possible monitors), could I work in finalcut with two monitors for application viewing and a third monitor with the mxo box to view HD video?

I know that fcp doesn't support three monitors as an application.
jordancamera
(MXO)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: 3 monitors Reply with quote

I want to add that I know fcp can't support three computer monitors as an application. When a filter is add to a video clip in a sequence fcp flips out and will not allow you to render the filter effect. The only solution is to work in two monitor system. This is from apple support.
Customer_Care_Bassel
(Moderator)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jordancamera,

We’ve had reports of customers, with two graphic cards, successfully using FCP and MXO together. But having said that, we do recommend that you contact Apple to confirm if there is a limitation in using FCP in the 2 dual-graphic cards set up that you mentioned.

In any case, there is no problem if you use the MXO in this scenario (with 2 dual, graphic cards). The MXO would be connected to the secondary head of the primary card. The other two monitors would be connected with; one on the primary head of the primary card and one on the secondary graphic card. Although, this setup has not been officially tested in the Matrox labs, but we know that there are MXO customers that are successfully using our product in this scenario.

Perhaps a more cost effective and economical alternative to an extra graphic card, is to use the Matrox Dualhead2Go or Triplehead2Go. In this setup, you would need to plug the Dualhead2Go or Triplehead2Go to the primary head of your graphic card and then plug your two monitors to the Dualhead2Go or Triplehead2Go adapters. You’ll then need to connect the MXO on the secondary head of your graphics card. We’ve worked with this setup without any issues.

As for the MXO2 product: having one graphics card or two, has no bearing at all on the MXO2

Please check this page for more details on the differences between the MXO and the MXO2.

Hope this helps, but if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best regards,
B.C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matrox MXO User Forum Forum Index -> Pre-Purchase for Matrox MXO2, MXO2 LE and MXO2 Rack All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

This board is protected by Phpbbantispam